iTB Ibiza Cupra 16v Track Toy - Engine Rebuild, Aero & More Page 73+

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Well not much of an update but spent all of saturday catching a tan by wash both the cars and then giving the Ibiza a good polish and wax.... Know you shouldn't do that in the sun but doing bits of the panel at a time and rotating the car away from the sun all the time I managed to do it lol.

Here's a few photos.

103_7456.jpg

103_7459.jpg

103_7460.jpg

103_7461.jpg

103_7464.jpg

103_7465.jpg

103_7471.jpg

Photo of both my car together
103_7468.jpg

103_7477.jpg

103_7476.jpg

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
damn dave, she looks SCHWEEETTTT!!

i love everything on the car except the bonnet clips, if they were white i'd think that would make it complete! (but its your car, so don't change it if you like it :) )

ps. passat looks mint too, white wheels really suit it!

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
You can get them in a carbon fibre look but I'm not a fun of the "carbon fibre look" (apart from the factory decals). I think the black bonnet pins match the black centre caps and mirrors. :)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
You can get them in a carbon fibre look but I'm not a fun of the "carbon fibre look" (apart from the factory decals). I think the black bonnet pins match the black centre caps and mirrors. :)

actually i never noticed the black wing mirrors lol, i swear i'm blind, actually it does suit now you mentioned it

i'm not a fake carbon fibre look neither!

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Right collected my car cover off Rogers yesterday here's a link to the one I got trailor fitted for the car:

Storm Force Cover by Car Zone

I know it's sad putting my track/toy under cover but before I had the car sprayed the passenger side and half the boot was more faded than the drivers side because the sun is always on that side of the car and because I don’t have a garage this is the next best thing for me to do!

I'm going to start looking into hiring a garage if I can find one within 10 miles or maybe a small unit... see what the prices are going to be.

103_7479.jpg

103_7480.jpg

Plus it starting little thieving eyes looking at the car now.

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
I'd get it in a garage knowing where you live as well. lol.

Not going to argue with you with that comment :cry: I'm waitng to see if the kids are going to check it' fire proof or not!

Know of anything around your way but more towards penygraig?

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Don't say that now because I be taking it off now lol.... did read up about it and wasn't cheap for a cover so hopefully it'll be okay. Worse comes to worse they should only be light marks so should polish out :blink: :think:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I had one that was like that on a car I was scrapping - the paint was ****ed.

take it off asap - it'll be grazed really badly really quickly!

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
it isn't a cheap sparesworlds or ebay one and its pretty well made, have a look on the link and let me know what u think. A mate of mine got a half tidy one had no problem with it so far and thats after 3 years now.

But have a look and let me know fella!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Looks like this?

cover-welded-seams-big.jpg

That's the same material mine was made of - all those dimples pick up grit & then when it gets damp in there you have cutting paste.

Wind moves the cover & it rubs on the 'tight' points

Really - keeping the car clean & uncovered will keep it looking nicer for longer

rogers

rogers
Jan 8, 2006
bridgend, south wales
i payed 170quid for that cover, in january and kept my car under it for a couple of the winter months and had no problems with it at all my cars also black and would show up every little scratch that is would have caused, its a tailored cover with straps underneath and with harly move at all with the worst of weather,

so id be confident dave that it will not cause you any problems if your not happy with it il buy it back to keep, lol

i just made sure the cover never came to contact with the ground and the car was spotless before i put it on so know grit etc can be between it,

its the best cover money can buy!

rogers

rogers
Jan 8, 2006
bridgend, south wales
as for a garage dave iv spent months and months searching for garage or a lock up and there either to dodgy where your car could be stolen and no body would know or 300quid a month plus, so you'd be better off buying a house! with a garage,

and knowing where u live it like to keep praying eyes away too,

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
i payed 170quid for that cover, in january and kept my car under it for a couple of the winter months and had no problems with it at all my cars also black and would show up every little scratch that is would have caused, its a tailored cover with straps underneath and with harly move at all with the worst of weather,

so id be confident dave that it will not cause you any problems if your not happy with it il buy it back to keep, lol

i just made sure the cover never came to contact with the ground and the car was spotless before i put it on so know grit etc can be between it,

its the best cover money can buy!

The best cover money can buy is a garage!

The cover needs to be spotless underneath & the car needs to be spotless - otherwise it will collect grit.

I think it's a shame to risk such a new paintjob

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
the cover does have 4 layers so it isnt just the grit collector bit, I'm worried about the colour fading. I know it took 10 years to fade like that but i dont want to chance it, if i had a garage it would be in there but you can see where the car is kept in the photos and its always in the sun (when it is sunny).

I have polished and wax the car twice in the 4 weeks of havin it back. I know u gotta let the paint cure and it was in the bodyshop for 3 weeks after it was sprayed while they built it back up and waited for parts.

If you know of any websites that shows who's rentin garages or small units let me know. Think I might take a spin over the next few days to see whats to let.

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
the only place iv seen decent garages for rent are in porthcawl,

"The best cover money can buy is a garage!" thats why i sold the cover mines in the garage now

And how much were they to rent? Don't mind heading to porthcawl and it's nice when you nan lets you use her garage lol

rogers

rogers
Jan 8, 2006
bridgend, south wales
im sure there 15quid a week and thats a single garage no electric, when i looked into having one there wasnt any availible, but il get u the number,

also the caravan storage place in bridgend, will rent u a 20ft container inside the yard for 80quid a month

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.