jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Looking forward to detailing her. Got a nice list of new products I picked up to try on her last Saturday :)

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
280-300bhp.......think your selling yourself a bit short there mate. I reckon with those figures your looking over the 300 mark and looking more around 306bhp.

Bet it pulls bloody well... :D What else you got done on it?
It does go well, a bit too well as far as my clutch is concerned.:blink:
I'm running stage 2 APR code with large Jetex cone, custom 3 inch tip, 3inch BF TBE and SEM intake manifold.
I have to keep the turbo boost in check with a mbc in parallel with the n75 valve to control the boost spikes.
The hybrids are great turbos but need tameing to ensure drivability and reliability.
I might risk a readers ride thread soon as soon as i've fitted a LCR exhaust mani upgrade as that is what i feel holds back performance gains on the lcr.
But.....
I honestly don't think the sweet spot for the LCR is over the 300 bhp mark.
A superior LCR imho would be a 280bhp car with a well sorted handling set up, rather than a BT affair.

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
It does go well, a bit too well as far as my clutch is concerned.:blink:
I'm running stage 2 APR code with large Jetex cone, custom 3 inch tip, 3inch BF TBE and SEM intake manifold.
I have to keep the turbo boost in check with a mbc in parallel with the n75 valve to control the boost spikes.
The hybrids are great turbos but need tameing to ensure drivability and reliability.
I might risk a readers ride thread soon as soon as i've fitted a LCR exhaust mani upgrade as that is what i feel holds back performance gains on the lcr.
But.....
I honestly don't think the sweet spot for the LCR is over the 300 bhp mark.
A superior LCR imho would be a 280bhp car with a well sorted handling set up, rather than a BT affair.

Sounds awesome! What did you pay for the SEM, if you don't mind me asking, as seen them on a couple of cars and been tempted but never known pricing.

Have you not thought of an EBC like an Apexi AVC-R as this would get rid of the need for the N75 and then the MBC wouldn't it? Again been thinging about an AVC-R for mine as have run them on previous cars and rate them.

If your about at the National SCN meet i may have to have a nosey now you know...;)

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
Well today the LCR got its first full detailing session and having never ventured down this avenue before, normally a wash and polish is as far as I go, I called on the talent's of Jonjay..............and boy did he deliver!!!!:D

Now I like to thing that I keep my car in fairly good condition by cleaning and polishing every weekend but after 11 hours of cleaning, yep 11!!, my car is at a level I could only dream about or have to pay someone serious amounts of money to get to. Good skills on the part of Jonjay I say.

Anyway i'll let the pics do the talking.....

Started by removing front wheels and cleaning arches...

Before

100_1059.jpg

After

100_1066.jpg

Next same but on the rears...

Before

100_1075.jpg

After

100_1082.jpg

Next the wheels got a good going over.....

Before

100_1072.jpg

After

100_1074.jpg

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
Next up started on the bodywork with Snowfoam among other things...

100_1091.jpg

and then when sprayed down and dryed started to look better already...

100_1125.jpg

After a lot more elbow grease and different steps later the car was taped up for polishing and paint correction...

100_1130.jpg

Mid flow through polishing/correction phases...

100_1131.jpg

and when all finished...

100_1151.jpg

100_1162.jpg

Pics really don't to the finish or quality of work justice and it looks totally amazing in the flesh but maybe a bit of sun wouldn't have gone a miss to show of the sheen.

Can't recommend Jonjay enough for all his hard work and dedication and thanks once again for the time and effort today.

Cheers bud:thumbup:

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
That looks good mate.
Just goes to show Silver can look good if you know how to clean it.

Cheers Darren. Maz did a sterling job on it. On a slighty different note whats your map like you have on your LCR and whats the boost like?

Reason I ask was talking to Maz today about my CC map and although I'm making really good figures with it the boost just feels a bit tame and fancy somthing with a bit more punch so was thinking of an AMD map!

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
fantastic finish on the car there guys well done.
have you considered paying the difference between stage one and stage 3 and asking Bill to give you a full custom remap exactly as you want it (since he's a cutom code agent). May be cheaper than a new map from amd.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
I've just rechecked your 115 vagcom run, the boost mid revs does look a little shy but the boost at red line looks very strong. Sometimes its better to have it a little lower mid revs as it allows the turbo to deliver more strongly up the range.
But I'm sure with custom code you can manually up the boost with certain vagcom leads. You can down load the software from the CC website i think. Put a thread up on jbs section.
To be honest i think the CC is at least as good as the amd offerings so be careful you don't take the car backwards.