The Ice has killed the back screen washer, help and advice needed!!

monkeyman905

Oct 15, 2008
I came to use my rear washer the other day to find it didnt work, i thought it might be a bit frozen still due to the weather we have been having so i put some hot water over the rear washer to no luck. The front washers are work and so is the pump which is all gud!!

What i have realised is water is gussing down from the rear bumper under the car so im guessing a pipe has come lose from been frozen :( .

Does anyone know how to fix this, had this issue or know the route of the pipe from the pump at the front of the car to the rear washer so i can attempt to find the part thats disconnected. I know it will be a simple job once i know where the pipe runs from and really dont want 2 have to pay a garage for a job i know i could do.

Thanks guys

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Have the same issue, except mine runs into my boot every time i use it :(

If you stand at the back of the car looking into the boot the water for me is coming from the bottom of the carpet trim on the right hand side.

monkeyman905

Oct 15, 2008
yea i have had a look and under the carpet in the boot there is water at the right hand side. This is now even more worrying as it could end up ruining all the boot carpet. So any help on this matter would be good, ive found guides for the ibiza and old leon but nothing for a mk2 :(

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
yeah this happened to me last week pain in the ar*e. if you take the 2 screws out on the drivers rear boot trim the bit the parcel shelf sits on and look in above the wheel arch the pipe will be disconnected. i used long nose pliers to hold the connecter and used my other hand to push the pipe back on. pretty fiddly but once you done it once you know what your doing. I ended up taking the big trim off up to the roof but realised no need. Good luck

monkeyman905

Oct 15, 2008
undo 2 screw and thats it?? Nice one!! Ill be giving this a go 2morrow then thanks for that ill let you all know if it works

monkeyman905

Oct 15, 2008
Right i gave this a go this morning with no luck ive uploaded images to show what i have done, i did ee some wire but A) could not see and connectors for them and B) i couldnt really reach them. Have i taken the right part off??

img0303.jpg

img0302.jpg

Or is it this bit of trim i have to undo with an allen key??

img0304.jpg

Thanks

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
yeah thats the right part you have taken off pull the carpet trim forward and look just in front of the seat belt reel its difficult to find also the rear washer dosent work when the boots open. I shut the boot and got someone to work the rear washer and looked in from rear door and could see the water spraying. Good luck.

monkeyman905

Oct 15, 2008
Hi, Thanks, what does the pipe look like i sore a think black one next to loads of wire and what should it plug into?? Wats the green box for in the side by the belt strap??

Thanks again

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
I assume you're not under warranty as a dealer will fix it when it's in for a service or similar for nowt normally.

monkeyman905

Oct 15, 2008
out of warrenty i think 56 plate so im guessing it is!! Defo dont wana have 2 take it to the stealers if its just a lose pipe which i could reconnect if i could just find the god dam pipe!!

doll

Seat Lover
Feb 9, 2007
Aldridge
Hi Matey,

Kevs fr is right. That's where it is...if you look in the top picture you will see a corrugated pipe. This is the pipe that goes to the boot lid for the washer. If you lift that up you will see it has a white push connector at the end.

The other half of the pipe is sitting on top of the arch to the down and to the left of this.

As said above...it is really fiddly to get them together, but you'll know when they are seated as they pop together.

HTH :)

monkeyman905

Oct 15, 2008
Thats a great help guys gives me something 2 look 4 now as i didnt have a clue before!

Goin to get a m8 to give me a hand so he can use the washer while i have a look!! How easy is the carpet to remove?? when ever i pull on it i hear i kind of cracking :confused: dont wanna damage anything further and without pulling it back its hard to get my arm in! Did you remove the seat belt holder at all??

Thanks again

stevesulsh

MY08FR
Dec 8, 2008
Dublin Ireland
wondered why my rear washer was working with less effort seems mine is running into rear light "is this possible?" as they were steamed up inside this morning and haven't noticed that before

stevesulsh

MY08FR
Dec 8, 2008
Dublin Ireland
how to gain access to rear washer/wiper

it would seem that i was correct.. :( after trying to wash rear screen the jet feebly squirts about a quarter of the way up but washer fluid then seeps out of the bottom of both rear lights, question is how do i gain access to the connection for the rear washer jet?? i am assuming that something has become partially detached:help:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.