Upgrading front lights on IBIZa 2003 1.9tdi sport

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
Hey guys.
Hello everyone .
Need to upgrade lights in my IBIZA.
What is the correct fitment? H7 and H3 or H7 or H1?
different sites have different opinions>

What bulbs would you recommend?
Im looking at Philips Vision plus, as they seems to be ok with better life then Xtreme ones. What you recon?
Also 501 bulbs need to be changed. Apparently LED ones are really nice, which ones should I go for?
There are many on ebay for £5 per set, are they ok or shell I go for different ones?
Where to get GOOD bulbs from and which should I buy ?
Thanks a lot
My YEllow IBIZA and me would really appreciate your helP:)

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
check out my thread for pics of my fitted Philips BlueVision bulbs, a very white light with touch of blue, and the h7 packs come with free pair of Philips blue xenon sidelights which are also a lot whiter than standard sidelight bulbs

available for ~£18 on the bay :thumbup:

as for fitments, on the twin headlights its h7 and h4 i believe with 505w sidelights (or somethin like that)

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
ive checked your car pictures but there is no evidence how the lights look at night, im afraid.
I dont really know cos i dont want to have very blue lights. I cannot find any proper pictures of bluevision at night, especcialy compare to Vision plus ones. Any help?:) Nice car BTW

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
thanks for the comment, but seriously...these pics are at night:

IMG00048-20100106-1704.jpg

IMG00049-20100106-1704.jpg

IMG00050-20100106-1704.jpg

don't like to keep posting them everywhere...they were on pg.5 not pg.1

Dec 3, 2009
I bought Osram night breakers dipped bulbs and really impressed
I bought the main beam bulbs too and fitted them today, gunna go out tonight and see what they're like compared to standard =]

Dec 3, 2009
no I've never had anything other than standard headlights before

I was going to get the Philips XTreme bulbs to being with but after reading about the Osram nightbreakers it appears they are exactly the same bulbs with a different name...
so I thought I'd save myself a bit of money lol

the dipped light up everything in short range, you can see every inbetween every stone in the tarmac =]

Dec 3, 2009
yeah I just googled it and found some info

Philips emit more light since Osram have blue film on half the glass
the difference is so minimal you can't measure it

Philips vision plus have less life than blue vision since they run at a higher temp

I'll let you know what I think of the main bulbs a after tea when I get to test them ! =]

tbh I'm pretty sure they're basically the same, companies will always copy what other companies have so you can choose which product you want...

Seat Adam

Dirty Densel Driver
I have Osram Nightbreakers in my LC TDI dipped and main, they are better than standard. Also have Phillips BlueVision side lights, shine white instaed of blue as they burn at 3400K which is nearly HID temp. I think Powerbulbs or Regal Auto Bulbs websites both sell them reasonably priced, and give away the 501 side lights for free.

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
Would be nice to know, Phase.
BTW guys ive just checked EBAY and I can get set of H1 and set of H7 plus two sets 5w5s for free with them. Its all comes to £35 together with the postage cost included. Not too bad:)

Dec 3, 2009
powerbulbs have an ebay account where they sell them for around £11 a pair (nightbreakers)
and £17 for xtremes

alot cheaper than they're website

EDIT

I ordered sunday and they arrived tuesday, then ordered mains tuesday night and arrived today

2 day postage :D

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
powerbulbs have an ebay account where they sell them for around £11 a pair (nightbreakers)
and £17 for xtremes

alot cheaper than they're website

EDIT

I ordered sunday and they arrived tuesday, then ordered mains tuesday night and arrived today

2 day postage :D
Sweet:)
Im going to buy from them. Do you know wether they combine postage costs if you buying two sets of bulbs? Ive sent them a question, but not reply yet.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2009
not sure if they combine

just back from going out, too many cars on the road really lol, didn't have much time on full beam!

The dipped I would definately 100% recommend buying, they are a VAST improvement over standard dippies

the full beam I wasn't as impressed with, there was definately a difference between the bulbs, nightbreakers are whiter and therefore everything is clearer
they don't give alot further distance than standard but yes some extra
I saw about 2/3 cats-eyes further on the road

final verdict: definately dipped bulbs, full beam if you got £13 lying around... Xenons are still that bit better but price is not to everyones budget

let me know what you think if you get them
my lights did have a bit of dirt on them, but so did they when the standard ones were in

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
not sure if they combine

just back from going out, too many cars on the road really lol, didn't have much time on full beam!

The dipped I would definately 100% recommend buying, they are a VAST improvement over standard dippies

the full beam I wasn't as impressed with, there was definately a difference between the bulbs, nightbreakers are whiter and therefore everything is clearer
they don't give alot further distance than standard but yes some extra
I saw about 2/3 cats-eyes further on the road

final verdict: definately dipped bulbs, full beam if you got £13 lying around... Xenons are still that bit better but price is not to everyones budget

let me know what you think if you get them
my lights did have a bit of dirt on them, but so did they when the standard ones were in

U recon is better to have dipped and 501 bluevision and main vision plus??? Would it help?
Any significant difference in colours?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.