Changing Interior Lights **GUIDE**

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
Tools/Parts needed :

LED CanBus 501 Bulbs
LED White 264 Bulb (Will update when I get mine)
Hands
Tissue or toilet paper
Kitchen knife
Sock

Car used :

10 Plate Ibiza 1.4 SC Sport

Time needed :

3-4 Minutes max

Difficulty :

1/5 - Everyone can do this!

I'll be using these bulbs :

new_2.jpg

Cost £8.00 for x2 on Ebay

Other bulbs can be used

You'll start with this, mmmmmmmmmm standard!

1.jpg

Get your kitcen knife, put it in the cotten sock (thinnest) and push it under the right hand side of the cover.

2.jpg

If done correctly you should be able to run the knife under the entire edging of the plastic bulb cover and it should pop off, you now need to slide it towards the windscreen to take it off.

You will be greeted with this :

3.jpg

Same way as always to get the 501 bulbs out (right and left bulbs), grab tissue and place over the bulbs, pull downwards and put in a safe place. Put tissue over the new bulbs and push them into the holders.

If done right you should have :

4.jpg

5.jpg

The 264 bulb is just as simple, put tissue over the bulb and push it either to the left of right while pulling downwards, this will free the bulb and you can put it somewhere safe. Put your tissue over the new bulb, put it in one side and push on the bulb a little whichever side you put it in and push up, the bulb should go straight into the holder.

If done correctly you should have this :

6.jpg

Take your cover and place the 2 pins in position before pushing it back into place :

7.jpg

And that's it, your interior has a new shine! Enjoy!

**I WILL EDIT THIS ONCE I GET MY NEW 264 BULB**

Giz

Mar 12, 2010
Leyland
I did this the day i got the car with the sidelights!
You'll love it when you get the 264 bulb in, proper lights up the interior!

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I am in awe of your greatness mate!!!!! hehehehehehehehe seriously, looks really good, I am obviously gonna have to invest in all of these bulbs soon hahahahahha

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
I did this the day i got the car with the sidelights!
You'll love it when you get the 264 bulb in, proper lights up the interior!

I did try to get a white bulb from Halfords today but they aren't the best.............

I am in awe of your greatness mate!!!!! hehehehehehehehe seriously, looks really good, I am obviously gonna have to invest in all of these bulbs soon hahahahahha

Lol cheers mate :p

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
UPDATE :

OK as the 264 bulb is now in I decided to get some more night pictures. I love the look of the interior at night now, it is a lot brighter but looks so cool in my opinion :

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Cheers, great guide.

Worth mentioning that the plastic cover bit is attached by two little prongs at the long edge nearest the rear of the car and general grippyness round the other edges so you don't actually need to use a knife at all, Just pull down from the long edge nearest the windscreen and it'll come right off.

Last edited:

day841

definitely better look for the car, especially with the white headlights

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.