1/4 mile times on scn

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
Fastest i had my ibiza tdi, up pod was the first time i went there, got a 14.6 @ 93mph iirc, then had a go in gazjones's revo stage 2 ibiza 20vt and got a 14.6 but @ 101mph

Oh also had a go against benctr aswell there once, he beat me just, but we both had **** times, think mine was 15.1 or something, and he got a 14.7, but he forgot to turn tc on and just spun up off the line

Wrong way round mate.. Had the traction control ON, instead of turning it off... :doh: Just cut the power..
What colour was your Ibiza?

Triple D

Mine used to be a black mk4 ben, used to be known on here as Spaniels fr,
It was the one with the Hybrid turbo
picture as seen below when i raced mike from JBS, was the first time i had gone to pod, and was the 2006 gti spring festival. did a 14.6 on that run :D
SantaPodcleancars007.jpg

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
Mine used to be a black mk4 ben, used to be known on here as Spaniels fr,
It was the one with the Hybrid turbo
picture as seen below when i raced mike from JBS, was the first time i had gone to pod, and was the 2006 gti spring festival. did a 14.6 on that run :D
SantaPodcleancars007.jpg

Aaaaaah, Spaniels Fr.. I know who you are now mate.. Why didn't you say... ha.
Yeah, I remeber that run.. :D

Triple D

:lol: didnt do too badly concidering we both had **** runs hey :lol: especially for a derv:p

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
Had my first go at a 1/4 mile run today at Volksfest at the North Weald airfield.

Managed to get 4 runs in before the rain stopped play :(

Was surprised just how difficut it was to launch cleanly and that was my MAJOR letdown, on some runs I didn't feel like I was moving for the first 3 seconds :(

On two of the runs I missed 3rd gear (but still beat the other car in one of those). So only had two "proper" runs.

My ET's were much lower than I had hoped but not surprising considering the lack of traction and the fact that on all 4 runs the other cars were some 2-4 car lengths in front of me by the time I hit 3rd and found traction. Terminal times weren't bad though which point to good ET's with more practice and an ATB dff fitted.

The 2 proper runs were 15.75 and 15.6 at 104 and 105 MPH respectively (had been hoping for sub 14 :cry:).

There was a guy there with a standard LCR who ran 15.3, I think, at about 94. He said the surface here wasn't very grippy (it was concrete not tarmac) and that he easily runs 0.4 or 0.5 faster at the Pod.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
looks like the ratrod is safe running 11's then :)

always wondered what the ibiza can do ? never tried it

gazjones

i got 14.020 in my ibiza with stage two revo sadly car will no longer be that fast again and new one wont get near that, pretty sure icould have got ino the 13's if i upped timing to 9 and got perfect start but we wil never know now

Fast_Eddie

BMW 1series M please!
May 16, 2004
Bradford West Yorkshire
Sheesh!!--I remember 10 years ago my old 309 gti with a standard 16v engine was doing 14.8's (back seats removed) --I think its time to bring her out of retirement---only kidding!!:whistle::ban:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise