20" alloy wheels, is it possible

nak

May 13, 2006
Hi all, just had a bodykit fitted to my tolly, but i'm scared now, might click it up a kerb, already riding close to speed humps, was going to lower it but have decided not too, or i will be heading for problems, so at the moment, all i can think of, is to fit a bigger wheel to fill my arches already have 18's on at the moment, would i get 20's on.
Any guidance on this matter and so on, any body done it out there

nak

May 13, 2006
Soon as i get chance will do so, but last time i tried to do it had problems, any guidance on this, anyway bought the wheels, second hand and kerbed, tryed one on front, slightly brushes up plastic inner arch on full lock, tyres on at the moment 245/35/20, might get away with it with 225/30/20

silver surfer

Mar 31, 2006
out there over the edge vw tech
up load you pics to photobucket.com them down load them to cupra net like this
IMG_3304.jpg
[/IMG]

nak

May 13, 2006
20 inch rims

I've actually managed to download image, so what do you think

nak

May 13, 2006
Still waiting on tyres, but put two wheels on, to see how it would look, hope you like the kit and wheels, i'll get them refurbed next year, once warmer weather returns

nak

May 13, 2006
Tolly Boys

All good, love it, lets hear it for the tolly boys, get some looks, people ain't even heard of the car, but thanks to seat admirers like us, pushing the SEAT name forward , all good

nak

May 13, 2006
Yes your right, i totally agree, first my apoligies's to the girls and lady's out there," lets hear it for the tolly girls + boys, oh yeah", never even thought of that, but you did Sam, well done mate, wink, wink.

Last edited:

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
All good, love it, lets hear it for the tolly boys, get some looks, people ain't even heard of the car, but thanks to seat admirers like us, pushing the SEAT name forward , all good

Looking really nice there. Any notable difference in ride with the lower profile tyres?

nak

May 13, 2006
Still waiting on tyres my mate, supplier had problems getting hands on them, but got them for a good price, should be here mid-weeek, so i'll let you know, having mixed reactions and advice from alloy wheel sellers, as in , not going to get a 225/30/20 tyre on a 9J rim, should not go any lower than a 35mm profile and will wreck the wheels, but slight scrape on inner plastic arch on full lock with a 245/35/20 tyre, so have to take this avenue, so just watch this space.

nak

May 13, 2006
On go the 225/30/20 tyres on a 9J rim, or should i say streched on a 9J rim, fit on and no rubbing, but rim edges are showing, might have to go for bigger tyre 245/30/20, drove about 20 miles now and i cannot tell the diffrence in ride from the alloys i had on, which were 18" alloys with 215/35/18 tyres.

Seat til I die

Lap Record Holder
Oct 14, 2007
that looks awesome mate, the front really suits it in silver, very euro, good stuff.
you really should get those bump strips coloured now, they stand out a bit too much, or just take em off and have the holes filled.
20s look swish too, nice one [B)]

Jase_Tolly_07

Where did you get that bodykit from? Looks nice...very Euro styling...I'm looking for a similar look for mine....kinda a touring car style.

Jase

Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
i like that a lot, a guy on here called barnsley runs 20 inch rims on his leon cupra with no problems and its slammed into the weeds. check out the members bit at the top and get some pics of his

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Coming from an ex 1.8T Toledo owner, as much as I like the Toledo, those wheels are just too big in my opinion.