2007 Cupra head unit upgrade advice please

mojo360

Jun 25, 2020
Reading
Hi all. I've become ultra confused reading all the threads on which head unit will work with my cupra.

I have a mk2 2007 with that gopping stock radio in it. I want to upgrade it to something better that will work with my steering wheel controls. Don't care much for satnav but wouldn't say no to it.

I want something that wont require a can bus change and will be relatively easy to install. I installed a rns 310 into my old Mk5 gti and that worked ok.

Which units will work without battery drain? RCD510, RNS 315? hell even the RCD300 is better than what I have.

Anyone running one of these with no battery drain on a 07 plate?

Cheers

PaulusB

Jun 9, 2019
I have a RN310 with a premium BT module. In order to code everything i had to change the can gateway also to stop the battery drain.

I had also had a rcd310 from 2011 that worked with the 07 can gateway. Red MFA and steeringwheel controls. It let me coded everthing.

U also can look for RCD 330 with a canbus decoder with BT, Android auto and Apple carplay. That has a built in Mic.

Also for a rns315 , 510 to work u must change the can gateway.

mojo360

Jun 25, 2020
Reading
I have a RN310 with a premium BT module. In order to code everything i had to change the can gateway also to stop the battery drain.

I had also had a rcd310 from 2011 that worked with the 07 can gateway. Red MFA and steeringwheel controls. It let me coded everthing.

U also can look for RCD 330 with a canbus decoder with BT, Android auto and Apple carplay. That has a built in Mic.

Also for a rns315 , 510 to work u must change the can gateway.

Thanks for the info. So the RCD310 is just plug and play? Or will i need an adaptor? And what facia do i need for the RCD310? I know its not much of an upgrade but I hate the look of the stock mp3 radio.

PaulusB

Jun 9, 2019
U need the the facia for prefacelift thats one colorcode ona silver the part numbers i posted this also in the mk2 forum. I had a mfd2 radio so the quadlock connector was OK. But if u have the standard radio u must prepare a extra wire

If u use the search function there is a topic about this how to.

PaulusB

Jun 9, 2019

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise