280mm to 312mm brake set up?

dave mac

Nov 28, 2007
Guys, I have the 280mm brake set up on my Leon and want to change to the 312mm set up, will I just need the calliper carrier or the 288mm/312mm calliper and carrier? I have been tols the callpier may be different to the 288mm item, cheers:)

dave mac

Nov 28, 2007
you just need 312mm discs, carriers and new pads. you can keep your calipers.

Thats good news, just wanted to make sure as vag parts guy told me my calipers wouldnt take the carrier as they where different to that of the 288mm set up!

you have an extra digit in the number. Etka removed the "2" after PZ I hope thats ok...let me know....

Etka reports your Discs are 288mm. same as what mine were. Caliper should be fine, you just need Carriers, Discs and Pads.

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
I was going to say, I thought that PD140's had 288mm discs.... but then again, it is a bit of a lottery what's fitted !! :lol:

I've got the 312's sat in my garage from a Mk5 Golf that I need to fit..... I've got 2 options:

1. Just fit the discs/carriers, and have red carriers with grey callipers (no brake fluid bleeding required)

2. Just both carriers and callipers from the Golf, and have nice red brakes all over (full brake fluid bleed/change required)

Hmmm.... choices !!! Mind you, I do need to do a brake fluid change anyway ! ;)

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
I mean it's hard to find them new from online shops.

Call me dumb but I've never used a breakers. Called into a scrappy once for a petrol cap for my mk1 nissan micra yeeeaarss ago.

How do I find/contact a breaker? How do I go about getting parts? Do I have to go climbing around on me tod with tools? Any recommended?

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
Got in contact with two, one around £50 plus delivery and VAT, the other around £45 including delivery and VAT....hmmmm....

Actually turns out it's in driving distance that second one so may be even cheaper :eek:)

Cheers.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members