3rd part alarm fitting - indicator question

sonic_vi

Toledo 20vt
Hey guys

my remote central locking stopped working some time ago so i finally got around to buying a cheapo alarm off fleabay with remote central locking feature built in.

I figured i can probably fit it myself and it costs less than an auto electrician looking at it for an hour just to tell me its f**cked.

anyway all fitted and i have the cool "bwoop bwoop" when i lock and unlock (i know small things and all that)

basically i just need to know where is the best place to patch into the indicators?

there are 2 feeds coming from the alarm so can patch direct to wires.

I was thinking from the hazard switch as thats nice and easy to get to and the wires go straight to the bulbs as i want to patch in after the flasher unit.

Just need to know which wires on that lead to the bulbs?

If anyone has a pin out diagram of the flasher/hazard switch unit that would be most useful.

Cheers

Russ ;)

djfixter

Hey guys

my remote central locking stopped working some time ago so i finally got around to buying a cheapo alarm off fleabay with remote central locking feature built in.

I figured i can probably fit it myself and it costs less than an auto electrician looking at it for an hour just to tell me its f**cked.

anyway all fitted and i have the cool "bwoop bwoop" when i lock and unlock (i know small things and all that)

basically i just need to know where is the best place to patch into the indicators?

there are 2 feeds coming from the alarm so can patch direct to wires.

I was thinking from the hazard switch as thats nice and easy to get to and the wires go straight to the bulbs as i want to patch in after the flasher unit.

Just need to know which wires on that lead to the bulbs?

If anyone has a pin out diagram of the flasher/hazard switch unit that would be most useful.

Cheers

Russ ;)

Did you manage to sort this problem out? Im going to be fitting a remote central kit shortly and will need to tap it into the indicators too... not sure if I should do it from the stalks or like you have from the hazards... can it not be done from the fuse box?

djfixter

Right I seem to have located everything but the wires for window closure... there was supposed to be a blue box next to the black/brown in the kick panel.. but there is none...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members