57' Cupra engine management light due to revo ?

Snowsurfer

Dec 23, 2008
Hi,

Im after a little advice. Since having a stage 1 revo on my cupra if im really giving it some beans and into the red my engine management light flashes. Its happened a few times but today flashed a few times and has now come on and stayed on. Do i need to take it back to the dealers to get this reset ?

I contacted the garage that mapped it for me and they said around the 57- 08 plate there is an issue with the exhaust springs stretching or something. Which makes the car think its miss firing. So i can go back and they will put a slightly diff map on that cures the problem.

Im hoping the engine light will go on its own but im guessing it wont.

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
not heard of this myself, only had revo done this week so will keep and eye on it.

I'd get it checked out by the garage anyway just in case it's not revo causing the problem.

Several different map setups they can use that might fix it

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
A Remap should not be throwing up any engine lights. Did you get the Revo switch so you can put it back to stock.

Snowsurfer

Dec 23, 2008
Yes I did get the switch just going out now to reset it and see if I can get the light to disapear!

cupra-k1

Its your exhaust emisions light mate nothing to worry about but you still need to get it taken off by dealer or VCDS, just dont redline it and you wont see the problem, or go stage 2 with a new downpipe / tbe and the prob will also go away, cheers

Snowsurfer

Dec 23, 2008
Its your exhaust emisions light mate nothing to worry about but you still need to get it taken off by dealer or VCDS, just dont redline it and you wont see the problem, or go stage 2 with a new downpipe / tbe and the prob will also go away, cheers

Thanks mate, will get it to the garage and get the light cleared then.

Poverty

drive it for long enough without caining it all the way to the red and it will eventually go off by itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

lcrboy

Dec 31, 2007
scotland
disconnect battery for 15mins, this will reset the ECU! dont worry you will not lose your revo map.........

Poverty

disconnect battery for 15mins, this will reset the ECU! dont worry you will not lose your revo map.........

unless he has a sps switch though he cannot turn it back on though.

Where are you based snowsurfer, someone might live near you and can sort you out.

Snowsurfer

Dec 23, 2008
I do have a switch. I am based in Bristol if anyone could sort me out I'd be more than gratefully !!

Snowsurfer

Dec 23, 2008

Tried your trick and it worked!!! Thanks for that :) Scared me at first as i ended up with even more lights up on the dash. After a 10-20 seconds though they all went out.

Cheers !!!!

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I am willing to be your problem will return , and i am willing to bet it will be a failing coil pack , similar symptoms i had on my car , engine light would flash , when i got near the red line , then it stuck on , scanned the car and said it was coil pack on cylinder 1.
changed it under warranty , never had the problem back.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise