a quick question about my splitter r dv

spudman30

iv just fitted a new splitter r dv and when the valve is fully clockwise it flutters under full boost throttle lift , but when i turn it fully anti clockwise it dose the same thing. forge say that if you get this then the spring is set to tightly but iv had the valve as tight and as loose as it will go:blink: only mod iv got is a green cotton induction kit will this have anything to do with it:confused:
any help will be grateful

qed296

Leaving it standard
Jul 19, 2009
Leon Cupra R 225
Ive got the same dv and filter and set it up as per the destructions,had no problems.

Are you sure its the valve clicking and not the other item under the bonnet (sorry not sure what its called)clicking.Its quit similler to the clicking of the dv.

spudman30

Ive got the same dv and filter and set it up as per the destructions,had no problems.

Are you sure its the valve clicking and not the other item under the bonnet (sorry not sure what its called)clicking.Its quit similler to the clicking of the dv.

thanks for the reply i had it on the wrong way:whistle: i think i might start reading instructions first that might save me a bit of time, just out of interest how loud is your vale? mine seems to be low and it seems to release the pressure out slowly rather than a sharp burst dose this sound about right to you or do i have to adjust it a bit more and spend another 20 quid on test runs:confused:

cheers stu.

qed296

Leaving it standard
Jul 19, 2009
Leon Cupra R 225
You can here mine...seeems to be loudest around 3000rpm ,i've removed the bonnet covering,drilled the airbox and done the n249 bypass.

I had to adjust mine twice,once on install then again when i'd been for a run,,,had quick look again a day or so later...been fine touch wood.

spudman30

thanks for that, i might have a bit more tinker with it tomorrow night and that will be it. i think the problem i have is that i keep comparing it with the HKS valve i had on my scoob that was very loud but i know this is a different set up, just trying to find a happy medium:think:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.