A wee boost issue

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
:cop:Note to search police: Search was done prior to this post.:cop:

Hello, iv noticed a wee issue with the boost on my car.was running a few logs and iv noticed my actual boost is nowhere near my requested boost.

i understand it wont be able to make requested boost bang on all the time, but over a few logs in all the gears, the requested boost is around 2500 mark, where the actual would be sitting at between 2000-2100 (2150 when im lucky) mark, compared to my mates cupra r which gets much closer, to around 2300 (or something).

i have the logs but cant open them since i dont have microsoft office :(

iv checked everything i can think of, checked/replaced hoses, serviced dumpvalve, bypassed n245, changed maf, and had a service done during the time. nothing helps.

is this normal or do i have a problem? im thinking my turbo might be on its way out, but dont want to go down that route if there is a simple solution.

boost in psi peaks at around 20-23psi in all gears, but holds differently;
in 2nd gear it holds at 12psi
in 3rd gear it holds at 14psi
in 4th,5th and 6th it holds at 16psi

im thinking thats normal but can i not upp the boost in 2nd or 3rd gear at all?

speaking to customcode and they say that it cant be done :confused:

any idea why i would be running a low boost?
help please? :help:

Last edited:

gulzar

LCR jabba'd
Oct 1, 2007
:cop:Note to search police: Search was done prior to this post.:cop:

Hello, iv noticed a wee issue with the boost on my car.was running a few logs and iv noticed my actual boost is nowhere near my requested boost.

i understand it wont be able to make requested boost bang on all the time, but over a few logs in all the gears, the requested boost is around 2500 mark, where the actual would be sitting at between 2000-2100 (2150 when im lucky) mark, compared to my mates cupra r which gets much closer, to around 2300 (or something).

i have the logs but cant open them since i dont have microsoft office :(

iv checked everything i can think of, checked/replaced hoses, serviced dumpvalve, bypassed n245, changed maf, and had a service done during the time. nothing helps.

is this normal or do i have a problem? im thinking my turbo might be on its way out, but dont want to go down that route if there is a simple solution.

boost in psi peaks at around 20-23psi in all gears, but holds differently;
in 2nd gear it holds at 12psi
in 3rd gear it holds at 14psi
in 4th,5th and 6th it holds at 16psi

im thinking thats normal but can i not upp the boost in 2nd or 3rd gear at all?

speaking to customcode and they say that it cant be done :confused:

any idea why i would be running a low boost?
help please? :help:

faisal as we said -i think having done the logs and checking your logs on my comp again i think you do still have a leak matey, get your d.v changed and unfortunately every hose has to be checked thoroughly again . vacuum hoses, n75 connections ,tip,intercooler hoses and connections, etc. do feel for you as the car did feel stronger but boost logs showing otherwise. get it sorted wee man ;)

ThackersLCR

Jul 5, 2008
Blackpool
check all the hoses under the intake manifold..a had a leak there.

I second that, iv had one for a while (not that theres any chance of it being the same), searching, taking bits off, having a look, replacing those crappy clips with jubilees. Then had the idea of testing it. Split the air intake and cooling network, few bungs, compressor with air gun into bung and hey presto, found me leak! Plastic Y peice, what looks like a non return valve in it had snapped! No chance of finding it with hand and eyes. Just a thought!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.