a11y's new car (no longer in Seat ownership...)

a11y

2 wheels better...
Jul 18, 2007
Central Scotland
***NOW SOLD :( - SEE PAGE 3 ONWARDS FOR REPLACEMENT...***

Well, it looked like this before the couple of hundred miles I've driven over the past few days. Now, you'd never guess I'd actually washed it but hey, that's winter for ya... :rolleyes:

Pics were taken on Monday.

Ouside temp never got above -1.5 degC...

Hopefully I'll be able to add to this thread with any future changes to the car. Hopefully! Considering Eiback coilovers in springtime, possibly with rear spacers. Happy enough with standard power at the moment though.

Cheers
Ally

2007-12-17pic7.jpg

2007-12-17pic9.jpg

2007-12-17pic5.jpg

2007-12-17pic10.jpg

2007-12-17pic11.jpg

2007-12-17pic12.jpg

Last edited:

a11y

2 wheels better...
Jul 18, 2007
Central Scotland
And finally, I've included this one to try and show the difference in colour between the standard sidelight and the Philips Xtreme +80% brighter dipped beam bulbs I've got fitted (it's hard to photograph as the white balance on the camera makes it worthless to compare with anyone else's pics).

They're supposed to be 80% brighter than standard bulbs.

Bulb colour is rated at 5000k (fairly white).

But here they are anyway:
2008-02-12pic2.jpg

Last edited:

a11y

2 wheels better...
Jul 18, 2007
Central Scotland
nice car and nice scenery, i should take pics like that as i live in the countryside a bit!

Cheers. I tend to favour countryside shots rather than urban pics as I feel like a right idiot standing around town taking photos of my car. At least out in the middle of nowhere there's fewer people around to point and laugh :redface:. Those were taken (mostly) less than 4 miles from my house.

Deleted member 13581

Nice pics and nice location Ally.

How do you manage to keep the car so clean? :lol:

a11y

2 wheels better...
Jul 18, 2007
Central Scotland
Nice location and pics mate!

Is that a kerb mark I see??? ;)

LOL which wheel?! They're all in need of a refurb but honestly, none were me! It was the last owner who's missus (he says ;) ) did all the kerbing. Just waiting to get through the winter before looking into a refurb for the summer.

a11y

2 wheels better...
Jul 18, 2007
Central Scotland
Some very nice pics there, where in Scotland are you from?

Falkirk. Most of the pics were taken at Muiravonside Country Park but the last two (with the highland coos in the background) were Glennifer Braes, Paisley. My folks plus a lot of mates I grew up with are still in the Paisley/Johnstone area.

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
i have just recently brought those bulbs and when i first fitted them i thought eh? whats goin on here then...as they appeared the same as the oem ones...but, once they warm up..you can tell the difference a mile off, and they are soo much brighter

a11y

2 wheels better...
Jul 18, 2007
Central Scotland
Nice pics and nice location Ally.

How do you manage to keep the car so clean? :lol:
Cheers. I wish I could keep it clean. It was spotless on Monday morning, but this is it on Monday night after a 100-mile round trip to Paisley and back during the day...

2007-12-19pic1.jpg

:cry:

Check out the dirty drips on the floor of the garage in the 2nd pic. Roads are absolutely filthy at the moment...

Last edited:

a11y

2 wheels better...
Jul 18, 2007
Central Scotland
Update: this weekend's task was....

... constructing a sub enclosure from start to finish and wiring in my amp :). Enclosure made from MDF, amp situated below the sub (but with loads of ventilation and space around it) with the sub on top, with the box angled to fit against the rear seat. It took me some amount of planning: I used trigonometry (SOH-CAH-TOA anyone?!) for the first time since high school LOL. JBL GTO 75.2 amp plus a Elemental Designs SQ10 slimline sub. Basically, I chose this sub on the basis of it only requiring a small enclosure (0.3-0.5cF), only needing 3" ounting depth, plus they've got a great reputation for the money. The amp was the best I could find for the remainder of my budget. I'm not after massive bass, just some to add a bit of SQ into the car.

Overall the majority of the boot remains useable (important for me and work/pleasure) - I angled the sub upwards rather than vertically to minimise any chance of damage from luggage. Well happy with the results considering it's a small sub/enclosure :)

2008-03-09Subamppic1.jpg

2008-03-09Subamppic2.jpg

2008-03-09Subamppic3.jpg

Last edited:

a11y

2 wheels better...
Jul 18, 2007
Central Scotland
Here's the photo I forgot to post - my planning. Was a bloody awkward shape to work out and cut the mdf to the correct angles, but it worked first time with no wrong cuts, somehow...

2008-03-09Subamppic4.jpg

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise