ABS Control Unit Replacement

tuBBymAN

Hi Guys,

I'm a bit new here so bear with me if you can. I've recently had an issue on my mk2 Leon 2.0 TDI with the ESP warning light coming on. I took it to the local SEAT dealer and apparently my ABS Control Unit needs to be replaced at a cost of £1460 inc the fitting!!! Steep i know, i'm just very glad its still under its used approved warranty!

My question really is I was wondering how many of you have suffered a similar failure on the mark 2 and also how many of you are waiting on the part?

I've been told that its currently out of stock and is on back-order with no dates as to when they are going to be delivered. Its a bit poor show really as i've been told to try and keep my use of the car to a minimum until the fault is fixed.

Be interested to here from you

tuBBymAN

alex1

This exact issue was discussed the other day:
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=195551

I know there are lots of issues on VAG vehicles with this.

SeatGod appears to suggest that you can get the parts separately, so do you know if what you have been quoted is for a full unit or just 1/2 of the set up? If only 1/2 then this really is an issue as a full replacement could be mega money.

Google ' vw abs pump' and you'll find loads of issues. There are some companies that refurb the pump / electronics at around £250, so this could be an option if your car is not in warrnaty.

Hope it gets sorted.

Regads
Alex

SEATgod

The control unit varies from £300 to £600 pounds.

Slightly dearer for the module and we all know the price for the complete assy.

This all depends on what system you have fitted.....ABS ESP Teeves or Bosch!

The newer MY09 units are long coded and dearer again!

There are far too many variations for me to be bang on without a chassis number!

tuBBymAN

Hi guys, i don't know if mine is for the full system however I will check the paper work when I get home. I would expect that at the price they want for it then it must be. So would you say this is a regular occurance these units failing as I don't want to be in the same place in 2 yrs time but without my warranty?

SEATgod

What fault did you comaplin of? ABS light on....what did the Dealer say the cause was?

KR

tuBBymAN

I had the ESP light suddenly come on (car with the skid marks behind it) as I was driving to the dealership for something totally different and asked them to have a look. They just said the problem was the ABS Control Unit and I need a new one, not that they have any dates for it arriving yet!

Revo Martyn

Jul 8, 2008
U.K.
Mine was not working the day it was delivered! the tyre inflation light and ESP light were on. I had a new one fitted and its been fine. I have spoken to a fair few others who have had the same problem.

tuBBymAN

its a 2005 and its only just out of the manufacturer but luckily I bought it from a SEAT dealership so it comes with the used approved warranty for a year which has now saved me over 10% of the cost of the car!

tuBBymAN

Had a call from the dealer today to say that apparently SEAT won't be getting any of the part till 4th December :( bit poo really but never mind I guess

cmc

ohhhhh yes.
Sep 13, 2002
Glasgow
Visit site
I just had the ESP light come on in my MKII. The car is out of warranty in 4 weeks. This is a terrifying repair bill. I'm going to get it booked in on Monday.

Does anyone know if VW group have modified the part to stop this happening? I'm seriously thinking of getting an warranty now.

Anyone any thoughts on what good warranty options are out there?

Cheers

cmc

Tom99

My abs pump went approx 6 weeks ago, got a phone call from the dealers to say that they will fit it on Friday. Phoned up 2 weeks ago to see when i could expect the car to be fixed they told there must be a shortage of pumps as they fitted 2 that week.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.