Accuracy of build estimates

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
My dealer is totally unaware of any delays on the std 19" rims, despite my reference to threads on this forum. I ordered my ST Cupra on 26th Feb and is confirmed as being built week 17 end of this month April. I guess I am expecting a call at some stage from the dealer to say car is being delayed because of the wheels, or would I like to upgrade to the Black Pack for £500 - happy days!

My ST Cupra is build week 17 as well. I ordered the Black line pack.

ayster

Mar 4, 2015
Manchester, UK
Ordered the 13th of March, week 11. Build week is week 17, plus 3 weeks is week 20. Suspect if it might roll in to week 21 which is 3rd week in May. But will know more once it's on the train/transporter/boat:p

Thats 10 days after I ordered and my dealer still saying they don't know for sure when its going to be built but they are suspecting the middle of may, I'm thinking they didn't order my car when they said they did! :cry:

StylancePaul

CUPRA Owner
May 31, 2006
Cambridge, UK
Thats 10 days after I ordered and my dealer still saying they don't know for sure when its going to be built but they are suspecting the middle of may, I'm thinking they didn't order my car when they said they did! :cry:

Don't forget that some dealers use cars they have ordered for stock that are amendable in the factory order queue. Its just luck of the draw if they have anything at the time you place the order. But at most, this will only shave a couple of weeks off.

ayster

Mar 4, 2015
Manchester, UK
Don't forget that some dealers use cars they have ordered for stock that are amendable in the factory order queue. Its just luck of the draw if they have anything at the time you place the order. But at most, this will only shave a couple of weeks off.

Fair enough, didn't think of that!

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
Just got confirmation, that week 19 is confirmed as the build date.
It'll be transported to Finland for "pre-sale prepwork". Then it should be transported to Estonia to my dealer. Whole of this is another 4 weeks. So mid-June is the current estimate.

For reference - car was ordered in March on week 12. Also the panoramic roof was included for my estate, which I hear prolongs the production period.

Anyway - can't wait for June now. Hope I cat get it in time for the Le Mans weekend, to drive around in the morning before watching the big race on the telly.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Just had update on mine. Been built a week early. Sat in Barcelona port awaiting a boat. Be here in uk approx 3-4 weeks. Might be within 8 of ordering :)

R19

Mar 8, 2015
Happy to see your guys order's are progressing well.
No update for me. Still end of September-ish more so now the standard cupra alcantara seats are delayed..
:(

Kurtje

Mar 22, 2015
Beringen, Belgium
Nice updates guys!

So sorry to hear that R19! Hope you get some good news soon!

Normally my Cupra is build this week :) End of the week I'll contact my dealer to ask him if he has a shippingdate/method :)

cbcdesign

Feb 5, 2015
I got a call from my local dealership today to tell me my car is with now with them. Going to see it later this week and picked a registration number today.

ayster

Mar 4, 2015
Manchester, UK
Still no word from my dealer :( Will call them if I've not heard by friday. Really disappointed by their lack of communication, despite them telling me 3 weeks ago that they would update me 'at least once a week'!

StylancePaul

CUPRA Owner
May 31, 2006
Cambridge, UK
I'm just awaiting a confirmed build week from the dealer, after amending the seats to the leather given the Cupra Alcantara supply issues. He did say it was likely to be 9 weeks, after a conversation with Dealer support, though he couldn't tell me if that was 9 weeks from when I ordered, or 9 weeks from amendment.

R19

Mar 8, 2015
Maybe one pos effect of your longer delivery: you get MY2016 :)

Yeah i suppose.. But the changes are just rumours at this stage? Id still prefer it in june ha.
Nobody else that has ordered around the same date seems to be having the delays i am..

unkl77

Apr 5, 2015
I ordered on the last day of March and today have been told Build Week 20- but that's without final confirmation from Seat yet.

After R19's comments I'll wait for confirmation before celebrating!

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
It is odd how information dealers get it in turn pass to the customer varies.

My dealer says from point of order 12 weeks estimated.
Once factory confirms order within a week, build date given.
Then 3 to 4 weeks to UK on a boat/delivery to dealer.

ayster

Mar 4, 2015
Manchester, UK
I ordered on the last day of March and today have been told Build Week 20- but that's without final confirmation from Seat yet.

After R19's comments I'll wait for confirmation before celebrating!

What is your spec? I ordered on the 3rd march with still no confirmed build date, getting really peed off now!

unkl77

Apr 5, 2015
I've ordered 280 5 door, Monsoon Grey, Pan roof, winter pack. So standard 19 wheels and standard seats.
I was emailed a pdf order sheet on 1st April (less than 24hrs after deal) and then a confirmation of order pdf on 3rd April (that one features paint code numbers and dealer info).

The Week 20 build info came in the dealers reply after I emailed Tuesday asking for a build week? (Again less than 24hrs)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.