Adding hydraulic bonnet struts to the Formentor

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
These are the struts I fitted. When fitted with the piston at the bonnet side, the bonnet still did not touch but the piston pressed on the insulation foam underneath. No big deal, but now I turned them 180° and maybe at the worst it is just touching with the foam.

Sounds good, I'm really tempted, any photos? Do you have to lift the bonnet far before the struts take over and how about when lowering, do you have to be careful not to let the bonnet slam too hard? I did have to be careful of that with the Jingling ones though it was still better than having none at all!
Thing is I also have a 2004 BMW Z4 Roadster with factory bonnet gas struts. The bonnet is huge but the struts take control as soon as the catch is released and it closes all the way down perfectly without slamming. If I could have ones like these on the Formentor I'd be well happy 😊.

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
Sounds good, I'm really tempted, any photos? Do you have to lift the bonnet far before the struts take over and how about when lowering, do you have to be careful not to let the bonnet slam too hard? I did have to be careful of that with the Jingling ones though it was still better than having none at all!
Thing is I also have a 2004 BMW Z4 Roadster with factory bonnet gas struts. The bonnet is huge but the struts take control as soon as the catch is released and it closes all the way down perfectly without slamming. If I could have ones like these on the Formentor I'd be well happy 😊.

I'd like some that actually take control more, as well. My Jinglings don't really do anything except for the last 20-30 cm of lift. They slam the remainder 50cm if I press the hood down.

Reactions: oldgitdave
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members