after some new tyres for the cupra, best buy?

H8T WP

Car has some 225/40/18 bridgestone potenza REO50a's and im after a set of these exact tyres..

went and had a quote for two front ones fitted and it came to like £350 quid!

Fook that, i can get them fitted locally for a score, so just need to source some cheap!

any one got any ideas?

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
thee are millions of tyre threads on the forums. and why would you want to go with bridgestones, havent heard of anyone actually getting them out of choice?

I go for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics everytime, but there are other good tyres out there.

H8T WP

The bridgestones despite what others say are actually very grippy, especially in the wet, i was shocked to find that out whilst taking a corner a bit too fast :p

any way, the rear are brand new literally doen 5k ! as my car is still new lol, the fronts have taken a beating, track days etc, so i want to match the rears instead of getting a full set of 4 ...

Not sure if its any good mis matching the fronts and rears... ???

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
I had the Pirelli P-Zero Rossos on my Cupra as standard and the one that I replaced (due to a puncture) was £117 from my local tyre place, the online places were slightly more.

The grip on the Rossos was fine, I got shot of the car at just under 14K miles the tyres were still legal (maybe aboyt 3 mm) but to be honest needed changing as the tyre peformance has significantly reduced by then.

Only downside was lack of sidewall protection.

H8T WP

i had the ossos on my old leon cupra, were nice but expensive!

but with the bridgestones i get rim protetion too which is handy and stops me scuffing the black rims :)

So my dilema is, do i a) mix and match front/rear tyres or hunt down a good online price for the poteza's?

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
I would be tempted to mix and match. As long as they match accross axels they should be fine.

It might be worth swapping the backs for the fronts though as people now say it is more important to have the best tyres on the rear rather than front even on a FWD car.

I didn't think that £117 was too bad for a Rosso.

Last edited:

ste-lfc

Jul 7, 2005
cheshire
I have just had 2 eagle f1 assys fitted to the front,the rears are still the original rossos,the eagle f1s are a fantastic tyre with excellent rim protection. I paid 115 each fitted..........

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Have had Bridgestones, Pirellis and Goodyears on mine.

The Bridgestones were crap compared with the Pirellis, but the Pirellis fell down with the lack of sidewall protection.

The Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics really are good however and actually allow you to progress in snow unlike their older brother the boggo standard F1 GSD3's.

As for price, you are always cheaper at local independent garages. The large chains are a rip off IMO.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
It might be worth swapping the backs for the fronts though as people now say it is more important to have the best tyres on the front rather than rear even on a FWD car.

unless you had a mk1 cupra , needed to have good tyres on the back or you would be in danger of seeing your arse end coming past you :whistle:

H8T WP

ok cool, from tyreshopper i can get two eagle f1's for £268.00 fitted? that decent?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
The Assymetrics are far better than the GSD3's as coxw has said mate. Be sure it is them you are getting. As for price, thats not bad - roughly what I paid for mine.

H8T WP

Ordered... £255.54 GBP fully fitted less than a mile from home

2x goodyear eagle f1 Asymmetric

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Thats a good price. Saved that to my favourites incase i need it in the future

H8T WP

and the tyres are delivered straight to the garage :) will see if they manage to scratch my black wheels.... lol

eddiel34

Jan 14, 2008
Read up on these. Falken FK-452. Do not be put off by the name, they will outperform most tyres that are supposedly high end. I had them on my last cupra and they will be going on my K1 soon. They also look great.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.