AHU Tuning options

autohouse

Hi there, I have a 99 Cordoba Vario with a TDI - AHU engine. Tried looking up ebay ect and a few searches but there is that many. Dont want to spend alot of money so im thinking one of these plug in boxes or resisitors or whatever they are. Anyone any opions or can point me in the right direction ?

GTV

Veggie powered TDi's
Feb 16, 2008
Cambridgeshire
I have also got a Vario with AHU, I have fitted a tuning box from here http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/ they sell they cheaper on ebay if you have a look, stay away from the cheap resistors in a box as they are no good, but this has helped me, apart from that, decat and air filter you could start with.

autohouse

Cool, I was reading your thread last night but could not figure out how to send you a message to ask how you got on. I have found a company called OPTICAN TUNING in Portadown or Armagh over here in Northern Ireland. The guy seems very helpfull and says he will do an actuall remap on the car for £200. Says he will need the car as there is checks to do before and after. Sounds good to me. Anyone ever heard or dealt with them ?

GTV

Veggie powered TDi's
Feb 16, 2008
Cambridgeshire
Doesn't sound to bad for a map, do they use a rolling road?
I thing to need to post a number of posts before you can use the pm system too.

autohouse

Not too sure about the rolling road. Ill ask him. I thought it sounded fair enough. Im new to this. Did you lower your Vario ? I have ordered 40mm springs just rather that coil overs as im not looking to spend big bucks and have ordered a set of 15 inch wheels. Think i maybe should have went for 16's but will have to do now lol

GTV

Veggie powered TDi's
Feb 16, 2008
Cambridgeshire
No mine is at standard hight as its a work horse, Mine had 15" as standard and I have gone to a set of 16" Alloys, lost a bit of the ride comfort and it tram lines at bit in these crappy fenland roads.

autohouse

Well ill have to see, too late now :blink: Did the box you had really noticably improve the performance of the engine ?

GTV

Veggie powered TDi's
Feb 16, 2008
Cambridgeshire
yeah it did, I am sure a map would be better but for £80 I can't complain, I did think it worked better on our Ibiza that the Vario which is strange as they are both the same under the hood

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise