Aimez's mk4 Tdi FR Ibiza

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
looks alot better now iv got some 17s to go on so got to lift the car a little as i tryed it and the car wouldnt move.dont really want to take the 16s of really but want to try somthinbg diff might even sell my sports wheels as im gettin some pre face fr ones to refurb.Just dont no what colour to do them might do the winter wheels yellow lol

Aimez

Well I strongly do not recommend 17 with 205/40 on an ibiza now too much hassle as nice as it looks! And they can rub so dunno what to suggest Adam. Refurb facelift ones sound good what I think I am going to do but will try doing it myself I think bit of a project in the spring maybe!

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
im refurbin mine on my own just got to get my mate to spray them after iv preped them just a pic to show what they look like

DSC00031.jpg
DSC00032.jpg

not bad sayin the cost me nothin :D i had to take the rear spaces out other wise would of bent my arch lol

Aimez

well as long as you decent roads round your way then you will be fine but I am fed up of 40 profile tyres now tbh repaired one wheel and new tyres and re powder coated in Jan after hitting a pothole and now may have to do it again. You can't have higher profile on 17 or they will rub they rub on full lock on standard suspension anyway.

benuk

Dec 12, 2008
UK
Looks good lowered. Out of interest do you know how many mm it has lowered it front and back? I'm getting mine lowered 35mm with H&R springs the week after next :clap:.

I can sympathize with you on the 17s with 205/40 tyres, I have the same they look great.. but sooo easily kerbed on well... kerbs [:@] and potholes :ban:. I'm getting quite good at fixing them now, but its a pain.

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
Looks good lowered. Out of interest do you know how many mm it has lowered it front and back? I'm getting mine lowered 35mm with H&R springs the week after next :clap:.

I can sympathize with you on the 17s with 205/40 tyres, I have the same they look great.. but sooo easily kerbed on well... kerbs [:@] and potholes :ban:. I'm getting quite good at fixing them now, but its a pain.

on my last ibiza had the wheels refurbed about 6 times i think :(

Aimez

Sorry dunno how many mm exactly will lower it more anyway after sorting out this bloody ARB. Will sort the wheel issue out at a later date they will just have to look crap for a while!
Lol I don't even know how you lower them more will have to have a look!:redface:

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Sorry dunno how many mm exactly will lower it more anyway after sorting out this bloody ARB. Will sort the wheel issue out at a later date they will just have to look crap for a while!
Lol I don't even know how you lower them more will have to have a look!:redface:

for lowering coilovers, it isn't too hard tbh
if you take the wheel off, and look at the shock strut, you will see the springs sitting on top of some "locking nuts"
so you use the "c-spanner" you must of got with the kit, then twist them in opposite directions to loosen the lower one, which you drop to your desired height, then you wind down the top one (with spring still on it) until it reaches the bottom one

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=38988

here's a good link for visuals too :D

george130

Mar 6, 2008
Norfolk
for lowering coilovers, it isn't too hard tbh
if you take the wheel off, and look at the shock strut, you will see the springs sitting on top of some "locking nuts"
so you use the "c-spanner" you must of got with the kit, then twist them in opposite directions to loosen the lower one, which you drop to your desired height, then you wind down the top one (with spring still on it) until it reaches the bottom one

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=38988

here's a good link for visuals too :D

Hiya, for Weitec coilovers its slightly different - Use a small allen key (i forget which size), take out a little screw in the collar on the strut, and use a C-spanner to turn the collar one way to raise, the other way to lower :) Then put the screw back in - I know this as I just did it this evening to mine!

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Hiya, for Weitec coilovers its slightly different - Use a small allen key (i forget which size), take out a little screw in the collar on the strut, and use a C-spanner to turn the collar one way to raise, the other way to lower :) Then put the screw back in - I know this as I just did it this evening to mine!

that's cool, never knew that :D

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
You'll have to learn to avoid potholes lol - I managed it for three years in the Ibiza with 40 profiles and decked suspension, Kent/London is terrible for potholes!

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Miles better even though its not been lowered too much yet!

Where did you get your front wishbone bushes from? Im getting really bad tyre wear and a rubbery squeaking noise, so going to get the rear cupra bushes, thought i may aswell get the front powerflex ones too whilst the wishbones were off!