Aimez's mk4 Tdi FR Ibiza

Aimez

No they would rub they rub on full lock when I turn into my drive now so higher profile will be worse. I want to try refurbishing my old wheels myself anyway ill be a challenge. This won't happen for ages anyway as all of other stuff to do first which will be exciting!

bazzahpool

hi, just wondering where you got them seat decals from for the brake calipers?

any help would be much appriciated thanks

baz

Aimez

Oh my god just used this thread to type up a full list of my mods for new insurance quotes, scary how much has been done now! So gotta pay for this now and a service.
However I have still been bad and recently purchased some headlining material (the proper stuff forgot what it's called now!) from a fellow SCN member and lots of glue!
Also a few of the black interior plastics as well from another SCN member (not got them yet). I will need to buy the rest of the plastics from dealers and fit all this in the Summer.
My new slim ballast HIDs arrived today as my ballast was playing up and I wanted to go for 6k unlike my current 8ks.
Also got some LEDs for my rear number plate.

badbill_uk

Ibiza FR 1.9tdi Hybrid
Aug 23, 2007
Gloucestershire
Hi just wanted to say your cars looking really nice, love the all black theme. I just fitted LED's to my number plate looks great. I used to have an ebay HID kit on my car worked great during the summer then when it got damp and wet the passenger light kept going off at ramdom, had to turm lights off and back on.

Aimez

Hmm well drove home tonight with my new HIDs and before with the old kit the drivers side get randomly not working. Now the passengers side it doing it. Not happy things were bound to start going wrong again. I am not sure if it is my car tbh so don't wanna send it back.
Anyone know if the interior light is meant to turn itself off if you leave the car door open for ages. I was messing about looking at fuses just now and it turned itself off?!

Last edited:

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Hmm well drove home tonight with my new HIDs and before with the old kit the drivers side get randomly not working. Now the passengers side it doing it. Not happy things were bound to start going wrong again. I am not sure if it is my car tbh so don't wanna send it back.
Anyone know if the interior light is meant to turn itself off if you leave the car door open for ages. I was messing about looking at fuses just now and it turned itself off?!

sound like a connection issue or dodgy ballest:(

yeah if you leave a door open the car goes to sleep to save the battery being drained.

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
yeh would be the one by the battery you can't bloody see or get too without lots of cursing! Its impossible to push the right metal clip back I have to use a screwdriver or pliers grrr back to hating the damn car!

hehe its always the way! i never had a problem with the space i know its tight. you think the ibiza is tight, try an arosa lol

Aimez

Updates, have bought rear LED n.o plate light
P1010220.jpg

My intermittent new slim line HIDs need to send one back just keep forgetting as it doesn't always happen.
P1010219.jpg

P1010218.jpg

Bought 312 calipers to go with carrier I already had
P1010225.jpg

P1010230.jpg

Awaiting the slow delivery of CRN grooved discs and now ahve fianlly decided on DS2500 pads, expensive but the discs are not expensive and EBC pads & CRN don't mix so well I hear!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members