Aimez's mk4 Tdi FR Ibiza

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
when i did mine i got carryed away and did my ;

air box
the bit infront of the battery
the small cover covering the strutt nut
and the box on the left side with the pipes comin from it

i got a lot of name callin for gettin them done lol also i cheated i got my mate to do it at work also i removed the TDI of the gloss black bit and covered it with black vinyl thinkin of doin my strutt brace black aswel.

Aimez

Wish my rear ARB was painted its got very manky looking now! Yeh you could spray alot I was going to do coolant cap as well if I got coloured hoses but don't think I am going to do that now so will leave it.

No brakes on yet waiting for my Dad to come home from a business trip so I can get them done down the road from work like I normally do. (have to look after dog when he is away you see!) Won't be until next week, thinking of getting the de cat to finish off the Milltek system as well now as well as tints and stage one map. Need to get on a rolling road first though found one local.

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
aimez did you scratch the engine cover before to make the paint stick better?

I have been thinking about doing this for ages...and it looks quite easy..

primer, paint then laquer...

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
300 grit wet n dry paper should give a good enough key for the primer to stick to. Make sure you use plastic primer as it bites into the surface better.

Aerosol lacquer won't give the same finish as a gun. I find that if you polish aerosol lacquer after with G3 cutting compound or T-cut, you get a really high gloss finish

Aimez

Thanks!

Okay tried to remove the airbox today to spray it and gave up seem to be totally stuck to the pipe and I ended up breaking one of the airbox clips[:@] so don't advise this dunno how you remove the thing! On the plus side cleaned my Gneen air filter and stuck some super hardcore Volvo Bus & truck screen wash in as had run out.

Painting the hib bit of the brake discs as advised as well today. Still can't get them fitted as my Dad is stuck abroad cos of the volcano so gotta wait until a volcano stops erupting to get brakes fitted :wtf: randomist set back ever!

Also gonna buy the Milltek decat next week.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Thanks!

Okay tried to remove the airbox today to spray it and gave up seem to be totally stuck to the pipe and I ended up breaking one of the airbox clips[:@] so don't advise this dunno how you remove the thing! On the plus side cleaned my Gneen air filter and stuck some super hardcore Volvo Bus & truck screen wash in as had run out.

Painting the hib bit of the brake discs as advised as well today. Still can't get them fitted as my Dad is stuck abroad cos of the volcano so gotta wait until a volcano stops erupting to get brakes fitted :wtf: randomist set back ever!

Also gonna buy the Milltek decat next week.

There is a + screw you have to take out, then you literally just jug it hard from the back I think, cos it slides on a peg at that back that a rubber folds over. Cant remember where the other one is - I think it's 2 rubber bits holding it on, and one screw. :)

Milltek downpipe will be good. :thumbup:

Aimez

Oh well not gonna bother now I don't think couldn't see a screw tbh.

Edit actaully if you mean the screw that in on the tub yes I undid that was a right arse to undo but was still stuck.

Polished both covers today and cleaned the engine bay and all the seats, carpets and mats took all day!

Last edited:

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
downpipe will be good aimez...prob my fav mod so far!

i have almost got all the parts for my brakes now...then they need fitting (more money)

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
I have got all bits for brakes except pad retaining pin lol!

yeah i picked up my TT callipers and carriers and ordered my mintex discs and pads...now need to get brushing and painting!

might give the spraying of the engine cover a go as well...it looks quite good on yours...

Aimez

Bought some LEDs will see how long they last but asked many many people and Jimski says he has had his in his Leon for ages so went with the ones he got. Also shows red LED in the W8 light now wired in ( very badly!)

P1010299.jpg

before
P1010300.jpg

after
P1010301.jpg

Got my pad retaining springs (what a rip off for a piece of bent metal!)
P1010296.jpg

Pics later of them fitted!

Aimez

aceparts on ebay, like I say Jimski had his in his Leon for ages I have never bought them before as heard they don't last long so we will see! Can't tell yet only drive 2 miles home lol and to bed them in I have to be careful for 100 miles need to do random drives!