Allards PD150 Intercooler Pipework Fitting...

scottym

Diesel Powered
Sep 19, 2007
Ashford, KENT
The silicone bend in the middle, that joins the upper pipe that comes off of the EGR valve, is that a 45 deg or 90deg bend?
Also the allard pancake pipe, is very small at the turbo end, I now need to get mine modified to be the same as the end that goes to the Intercooler as I bought the new sfs long turbo pipe which is now too big!! Unless someone wants to buy my sfs turbo outlet hose??

Scott

scottym

Diesel Powered
Sep 19, 2007
Ashford, KENT
I'm referring to the silicone pipe that joins the two hard pipes together on the allard kit? I have allured hard pipes and sfs silicone bends and sfs turbo outlet pipes.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
from memory they were both 90 degrees.

The kit is designed to work with standard intake pipes not silicone pipes which is why this problem can occur, chrisGTL the OP had a pipe delivered that was the same thickness all the way through so didnt have this problem to over-come.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
This kit was a nightmare from what I can remember.

Cost me a fortune and did nothing but give me problems.........I can honestly say this was the worst car mod i've ever done.

If you have anymore questions about this setup i'll try recall what I did to sort mine out.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
This kit was a nightmare from what I can remember.

Cost me a fortune and did nothing but give me problems.........I can honestly say this was the worst car mod i've ever done.

If you have anymore questions about this setup i'll try recall what I did to sort mine out.
Hence I spent a fortune getting a custom system made up.

Knowing what you know now you have done your cupra R you could have done something similar with the Tdi.

BenO

Mar 9, 2008
East Yorkshire
Hence I spent a fortune getting a custom system made up.

Knowing what you know now you have done your cupra R you could have done something similar with the Tdi.

A custom kit is the way i'd like to go. I'm fed up with neoprene wedged all over the place to stop vibrations and rubbing. May as well take the wet suit out of the cupboard and stick it in the engine bay!

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
After all this time there still isn't a straight fit kit. Do you think a Dragons Den presentation of such a kit would get them all in a lather to buy a 5% stake in my fictitious company for £250k ??
So how many TDI's are out there with this specific intake ?
How many owners need a fix (I'd say roughly 100%) ?

......and other product ranges that I could expand into using a mix of silicon and metal pipework could span numerous applications including the Motor industry, marine applications, commercial and utility vehicles, sex toys....... the list is endless.

I'd be happy just to see a kit that works 100% without custom trimming, swelling hoses, leaking joints, pipes that rub against driveshafts (eh Maz!) etc. for about £220 delivered.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Now I have done it and seeing all the cupra r owners. Easiest way to to buy a kit and make piping up yourself. All you have to do is figure out the right route to intake and turbo.

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
I need to copy yours Maz. I know, you make a fresh, shiny, new one up as the one on your car must be dirty by now. I'll have the old one for a snip of the original price, and you have the nice clean new one.

scottym

Diesel Powered
Sep 19, 2007
Ashford, KENT
Guys!

Finally some progress.

I have a bit of a mix and match, well, rather my own "home brew" kit here now, and after a trial fitting today I think I have made it!

Heres what I have

Allard pancake replacement pipe, and the two hard pipes from EGR down to mid of engine, and the lower section of hard pipe.

SFS Aluminium hose inserts for turbo outlet and intercooler ends.
Special SFS extended turbo outlet hose
Assorted SFS bends, 45 deg and 90 deg.

Allard EGR removal kit.

This evening we set about removing all of the old gear and trial fitting the new stuff, so far my only issue is my upper bracket to the left of the engine being broken (being welded tomorrow) and the allard pancake replacement being too long, which we have now sorted, and I am having the end swaged tomorrow morning locally.

The brackets that hold the boost pipes to the engine appear to be fine, some minor fettling will be required, but thats to be expected.

The only other problem is that the allard boost pipe has a rather large hole for the MAP sensor, somwhere in teh region of 19mm, and my map sensor is alot smaller, can anyone shed any light here??

Pics will be up later in the week after I have had all other prep work done, and I have access to my mates ramp again.

Scott

Mike FR+

I love my Allard kit, didnt have a single problem fitting it or after fitting it.

That and ARB's are my fav mod.

The only slight issue I had was fixing one of the pipes down, the gap was too big. A rubber door stop sorted this for me.

It was out of the box and on the car in no more than 2 hours on my drive with limited tools. Found it to have loads more pull as it held the boost longer and better.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.