Allards PD150 Intercooler Pipework Fitting...

scottym

Diesel Powered
Sep 19, 2007
Ashford, KENT
Mine all went on ok, some minor fettling was required for the bracketry, and having it on a ramp definately helped!! I had to also make an adaptor plate for my MAP sensor as it was far too small for the hole in the flange.

Boost is far better now, although I do have one minor leak, possibly at the turbo outlet, as I used the SFS adaptors and longer turbo hose.

Will post pictures when I get a chance

Remap and clutch next!

Mike - where did you fit your vac ball??

Sep 29, 2008
Bradford
Does anybody know what size the hose fittings for the Egr valve and are the two Intercooler fittings the same size as each other and the same size as the fitting for Egr valve?

Rganks

nadlad

After speaking to sly on this forum ^^^ ave ordered the sfs 150 pd egr to intercooler pipe will be letting you know about fitting

Chris: after u did the allard stuff wha t happened as later on around page 9 you said it was a waste of money was it no good or were u being sarcastic?

thanks

This kit was a nightmare from what I can remember.

Cost me a fortune and did nothing but give me problems.........I can honestly say this was the worst car mod i've ever done.

If you have anymore questions about this setup i'll try recall what I did to sort mine out.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
The solid allard pipes are good quality but they are a very poor fit, often causing boost leaks and noises where they catch.

chris had so much trouble with the allard kit he binned his tdi 150 in favour of a cupra R.

nadlad

Ok well hopefully since 2009 the sfs has been revised a few times so it shoudl fit nicely with all the new connectors being slightly revised ave also ordered new o rings and c clips so that shoudl be solved

theres two things am worried about

1) whether or not the pipe work touches/rests on the alternator and the damage that may cause
2) whether these pipes swell up, ave heard in most cases its usually when there fuel going through the lines thatthey swell otherwise they shoudl be ok...

Last edited by a moderator:

nadlad

So your saying the soft pipes as in the sfs pipe kit is not worth bothering with?

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
yeah, they swell badlt under boost pressure, nothing to do with fuel being in them.

Chrisgtl or jonjay had them before they switched to a custom pipework setup. they swelled so far under boost that they rubbed through on the aux belt and caused massive boost leaks and smoking and needed repairing.

nadlad

SFS have guaranteed they wont swell up they have changed the material though plus its under warranty.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
If I'm honest mate SFS are not exactly known for their honesty, reliability, product knowledge or quality.

I'd do as others (including myself) have done - find a decent supplier who can build you your own custom set up out of stainless steel. No silicon.

nadlad

how much do they charge? and where could i find one from am quite close to manchester so if u know anyoen handy coudl u let me know?

nadlad

ok MJ i was never going to run massive of boost just stock and remapped upto 200bhp but you have got me thinkign and as such ave got hold of a local ally geek who makes these pipes day in and day and works with metal he asked for some reference pictures that i could show him so far i can only come across this picture of a custom design which i googled

Ave mentioned map fixings and the mountings and he says he can do all that but with this picture below am assuming its a 150pd it looks like it goes over the oil filter, woudl that mean that you woudl have to disconnect the boost pipe to acess it.

if anyone can post pics especially from the intercooler upwards and pics of their custom work ad be greatful.

SNC00432Large.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.