Alloys and springs - Leon 20V T Cupra

cheekyboy_123

Hi All

Couple of quick questions..

I want to put on some 18" Alloys (RS6) onto my 2000 Cupra..However, i'm concerned that it may still look too high (gap between wheel arch and wheel)..
So, i then plan to slam it but am unsure what springs are best...I don't want to go too low and don't want the wheels to rub with passengers in the car...
Any recommendations? One option is to just put on the facelift 17" rims and then leave it alone - dunno though...Help/advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
get some coilovers. rimstyle from this forum have FK highsports for £365 or something daft on ebay. they are good trusted company.
Ive gone for konigsports which are also damping adjustable though, depends how much you want to spend.
i think it will look too high with just wheels, thats why im going to fit it all at the same time ;)

PABLO ESCABAR

formally CUPRASMIFF
Jun 26, 2005
staffordshire
cheekyboy_123 said:
Hi All

Couple of quick questions..

I want to put on some 18" Alloys (RS6) onto my 2000 Cupra..However, i'm concerned that it may still look too high (gap between wheel arch and wheel)..
So, i then plan to slam it but am unsure what springs are best...I don't want to go too low and don't want the wheels to rub with passengers in the car...
Any recommendations? One option is to just put on the facelift 17" rims and then leave it alone - dunno though...Help/advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Ive got 18's and i fitted SPAX RSX coilovers,5mm spacers and have no problems with rubbin at all,check out my post in the LEON section as ive posted b4 and after pictures up tonight,there under (finally sorted out photobucket) hope this will help my freind but yes it is poss and POTN.com will sort you out for only £500 and they are fully adjustable as in ride and damper so you can set it up to how you want it to be.the spax kit is spax rsx 539,mk4 golf kit and the anti rollbar fits to the lower arm if anyone asks;)

Fidge

SEAT Enthusiast!
Sep 9, 2004
Southampton UK
At work at the mo, and wont be home to about 10:30 so wont be today I'm afraid! I notice your in hampshire, I'm goin straight to the No-Rice meet at Fleet southbound services tonight if ya wanna meet there, then you can have a look in person!? I'll be there between 8-8:30

PABLO ESCABAR

formally CUPRASMIFF
Jun 26, 2005
staffordshire
Fidge said:
I went fot the FK Highsports, as Copra said they are £365 but rimstyle will give you 5% off this and free delivery!
has yours gone as low as mine or lower,if you gone lower get some spacers mate they will rub soon:) on full lock but thats it only on lock

Fidge

SEAT Enthusiast!
Sep 9, 2004
Southampton UK
cuprasmiff said:
has yours gone as low as mine or lower,if you gone lower get some spacers mate they will rub soon:) on full lock but thats it only on lock

Yeah noticed they were well close to the top of the tyre! Just lowered it so it leaves a gap between tyre and suspension! I'll check it anyway tho cheers!

Fidge

SEAT Enthusiast!
Sep 9, 2004
Southampton UK
cuprasmiff said:
Did you have to get longer wheel bolts for the spacers? Don't really wanna risk it with bolts I got at the minute!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.