Angel tunning remap leon MK2

noddyFR

Leon FR tdi 205+
Mar 20, 2008
Prestwick
I finally bit the bullet yesterday and had my Leon (57) FR 170 remapped at Angel tunning at Troon, The guy Paul Winston is a really good guy and will give you a fair price.

He states that my Leon has went from 170 to 204 BHP and the torque from 258lb/ft to 326 lb/ft.

The car pulls all way through rev range now instead of the flat spot near to 3500/4000 revs. I used to light up the traction control light very rarely in 3rd, but now i have to watch as there is so much power and torque.:D:D

Cost was £295, however a wee big of dealing got it at £240!!!!! Bargain of 2009!!

Last edited:

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
ALright mate got my 58 plate leon fr tdi done by paul a few months ago however having a bit of problem with it. Pauls a great guy and has done a lot of cars for me, family and friends. But i am getting a glitch at 4k revs when i change gear quickly if im tanking it it hesitates? Have you felt anything like this mate? CHeers

noddyFR

Leon FR tdi 205+
Mar 20, 2008
Prestwick
Sometimes i get a wee jerk, but think any posts i have read this seems to be the case.....

Suppose you have to put up with wee blemish after getting more power from the engine

:(

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Alright noddy cheers for that, i'm gonna get mine looked at by henry paul hopefully on saturday he is gonna try and eliminate it, to be honest im getting mega p**sed off with it when overtaking. Paul did my ibiza fr tdi to 183 bhp and it was absolutly perfect. Noddy try doing a quickish change from 3rd-4th from 4000 or more and keep the boost on. Tell me if you feel a jolt lol

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Cheers bud, i live pretty close to you btw, what colour fr you got? Im the seaside town of largs but work up at cumnock. Mines a red 58 platee with 18" orions. In case i see you about

Harry_Crack

Dealt with Angel on my ex Alfa GT Diesel. Very happy with remap shame the Alfa clutch wasn't up to much went through one in 10,000 miles - apparently they don't last much longer unmapped anyway.

Angel came to my place of work and did the remap very happy with the service and a very good price too.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Aye they are very good, ive had my previous cars and brothers cars done with no problem. It's just the pd170 is hesitating. But as ive read the pd170's are renowned for after hiccups.

noddyFR

Leon FR tdi 205+
Mar 20, 2008
Prestwick
Hi mate, did have good wee drive today and no noticeable lags at that power band. I have a black one with square plate on front with NOD on it. Prob see me flying about Ayrshire....HA

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Cool mate thanks for that, mine is lagging at that point is a pain in the arse lol. I'm looking to get the dpf delete in the next month or so. How you liking the car?

noddyFR

Leon FR tdi 205+
Mar 20, 2008
Prestwick
Aye good, had it for 2 years now, Black in colour.Had a '55' plate 150 prior to this one. I was going to get rid of it, but decided to remap it instead and was well worth it.
I put a 6" x 4" oval stainless steel back box on it and a K and N induction which gives a nice wee dump valve sound now, always thinking what i can do next.....

There is a de DPF that you can get done custom code from Dumbarton area do it for £1200, supposed to almost match a K1.........for a diesel too.......!

How is yours??

Last edited:

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Yeh its ok mate just that stupid issue, when paul put it back to standard it was fine but with the map back on it has that issue, its completly standard apart frm angel stage 1 and orions. I like the car a lot, i miss my little ibiza sumtimes tho lol it was 185bhp and the look on peeps faces when u ripped them up lol. But the leon is a crackin motor. Looking forward to hopefully getting this glitch sorted with the custom code dpf. Would you ever contemplate it? THere doin it for 800 now

noddyFR

Leon FR tdi 205+
Mar 20, 2008
Prestwick
Yeh its ok mate just that stupid issue, when paul put it back to standard it was fine but with the map back on it has that issue, its completly standard apart frm angel stage 1 and orions. I like the car a lot, i miss my little ibiza sumtimes tho lol it was 185bhp and the look on peeps faces when u ripped them up lol. But the leon is a crackin motor. Looking forward to hopefully getting this glitch sorted with the custom code dpf. Would you ever contemplate it? THere doin it for 800 now

Ma mrs doesnt even know about the remap.....:lol:

dont think i can steal....em borrow £800 from the bank account!!! HA

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Nah mate max torque is at 1900 rpm theres no hesitation reving up its only when i chage gear and put the foot back down. PhonedAngel tuning headquarters, they said it will do it as a safrty measure to protect the turbo?:confused:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.