Another 160 air intake thread...

Chriswaite130

Byebye TDI, Hello VTEC y0
Jan 24, 2008
Northumberland
Hi all,

A while ago it was mentioned in a thread that someone was getting a 160 air intake after getting a panel filter and remap, and someone said that it might reduce power??

Because i have a green cotton panel filter and remap and now want a 160 intake too, but not if it will take power away lol.

Iv done a search but theres no definite answer. Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
Keep an eye out on Briskoda too as they fit the Fabia
I have one on my car and did notice better throttle response :D
Sarah

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
just been quoted £65 quid by local dealers but thats with my 10% service plan discount

Still alot tho for some plastic pipeing! wud people say these are worth the money? im running green panel + custom code phase 1

depresion

Dec 14, 2005
I don't think they make a big differance, since they went up in price I probably wouldn't bother unless you can pick one up cheap second hand.

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
I noticed a difference with mine
I had already had it mapped , and a Pipercross air filter
But with the PD160 , it was throttle response with it
It just got to the speeds faster

I always say , if you look around and see what Induction kits cost
When you take in to account the are like an induction kit , as they allow alot more air through , then even at the full price it is not too bad
But to be fair , then when Seat have noticed that alot of people was fitting them , they put the prices up , not just by a bit , but by alot
Even though they dont cost any more to make from before , it is a bit of a rip off by Seat.....
Dont know.....
I know we worked closely with Forge to try and make one....but we could not really get a good enough production price on it :(
I will have to have a look to see if I can find the pics
Sarah

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Do you reckon i could go my local Skoda Dealer and get one? and possibly cheaper?

Or is it only Seat who actually sell them

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members