another intake question, sorry

betts

chasing horses
May 22, 2009
nottingham
basically im very interested in an intake for my cupra but ive just got some query's before i go and buy one. i seen in an earlier thread that an itg can give 30hp gain on a standard car now what would the gains be on a mapped car as im at stage 1 at the moment and how much would an intake affect my econemy as ive got a freind who has an intake on his octavia vrs and his mpg's have nosedived. thanks

Jan 15, 2009
Kent
Personally I like the intake and don’t mind the look of it with the engine cover off etc. All the bits look well made and high quality in the flesh IMO, but really depends what you’re looking for! It’s not a quiet intake but I wanted the sound so that’s why I went for it, but saying that with the radio on and on the motor normal cruising I don’t find it intrusive.. & the misses doesn’t seem to mind it so far!

With reagrds to increase I want to get my car RR at AMD where I had it done before the intake.. Standard & Stage 1, so I can see what difference the intake makes, I know temperature etc on the day of the RR will make a difference but at least it will be on the same rollers so will be the most accurate way of finding out.. just waiting to see if there will be another RR day there anytime soon as I know they had one last month

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Personally I like the intake and don’t mind the look of it with the engine cover off etc. All the bits look well made and high quality in the flesh IMO, but really depends what you’re looking for! It’s not a quiet intake but I wanted the sound so that’s why I went for it, but saying that with the radio on and on the motor normal cruising I don’t find it intrusive.. & the misses doesn’t seem to mind it so far!

With reagrds to increase I want to get my car RR at AMD where I had it done before the intake.. Standard & Stage 1, so I can see what difference the intake makes, I know temperature etc on the day of the RR will make a difference but at least it will be on the same rollers so will be the most accurate way of finding out.. just waiting to see if there will be another RR day there anytime soon as I know they had one last month

Do you feel yours go's better? After now doing 150 miles since mine seems to have livend up a bit now and seems to pull much harder and sounds great.

Jan 15, 2009
Kent
Do you feel yours go's better? After now doing 150 miles since mine seems to have livend up a bit now and seems to pull much harder and sounds great.

Good to hear..

I’ve only managed to have a quick 2nd gear WOT and it went well.. Traffics been rubbish getting to work but, working in London it’s never good lol..

Just wondering if the ECU will take time to adjust each time I switch between the maps :confused:

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
I had a carbonspeed intake with panel filter before and for my journey returned 28 - 29 mpg and still the same with my ITG. When car was standard map and intake got 32 mpg then map only 30 now 28 29 but I do 35 mile comute all 60 to 90 so I am pleased or should I say very pleased.