Anyone else went to Rolling road day @ awesome GTI 2day???

davebnly

I LOVE BOOST!
Aug 27, 2006
Lancashire
Anyone else who went to Rolling road day @ awesome GTI 2day??

Any of you guys in the leon's, did they leave your air con on?
I purposely turned it off before mine went on to get a better reading and they switched it back on?

If this was the case of everyone and they needed 2 have it on to get a good signal from the alternator then fair play, but otherwise it seems my reading may have been a bit lower than what it should be. And i never drive with the air con on anyway.

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
Mine was off for the runs (I could see the orange indicator light when Jim got out of the car once it was on the rollers) but it was on again when I got back in it so I guess he turned it back on again after the runs.

Did you query it at the time?

simon34

smoooooooth
May 2, 2006
northampton
Do you realy see much of a difference in power between having air con on or off . I have driven my ibiza with it on or off and cant honestly feel any difference. The last time it was on the rollers it didnt even cross my mind to turn it off maybe i should next time.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Air con always saps power. Not a massive, massive amount, but a few lb/ft easily which usually translates into a few bhp. Some cars are affected more than others though. My old Celica and my Mrs' Puma are destroyed when you put the air con on, to the point of having to turn it off it you want to overtake somebody with ease. Not sure about the Leon though, as it's far too cold for Air Con at the moment :lol:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members