Anyone remeber that green Toledo race car?

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
Hope so! I can't see it being the original one...!

Looks very mid nineties Touring car though.... perhaps imported from some kind of ETCC as a show car for SEAT?

SEAT France (in those days, a company called sonauto IIRC) ran a couple (blue and white I think) of Toledos in the early days in the French Touring Car Championship. No real success, although I do remember a piccy in Autosport a few years ago, when rumours started about their re-entry into tintops with Toly Mk2

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I tried to find out about the French Supertourisme Toledo last night when I saw this thread, but all I could find was that the driver (Jean-Denis Deletraz, the F1 rentadriver) finished about 13th overall and his best finish was a 5th.

Chris Eyre

The Voice of Reason
Apr 2, 2003
researching
Visit site
PVW article dug out:

Toledo1.jpg

Toledo2.jpg

Toledo3.jpg

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
anyone else thinks this '230'bhp engine is the same as the Max Power featured Ibiza from the same era?

Std inlet manifold etc gives it away as being 'not' a lehmann

good find though Chris!

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
anyone else thinks this '230'bhp engine is the same as the Max Power featured Ibiza from the same era?

Std inlet manifold etc gives it away as being 'not' a lehmann

good find though Chris!

*it has got the SAMCO inlet pipe,which was"developed to stop it collapsing on the rally cars"

that didn't actually use them.
*sales bullpoop from now departed manager of a certain banbury based "tuning" company

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Visit site
engine sounds suspect to me - 230hp....hmm

but 7 speed sequential box ! rare gemini item perhaps as used by alistair mcrae on SBG blue golf ?

Chris Eyre

The Voice of Reason
Apr 2, 2003
researching
Visit site
Puzzles me that one also. Gemini only did the one 6-speed seq 'box & Seat used Hewland 6-speed sequentials throughout kitcars Evos 1 & 2 ( - how's the dossier going btw?).

Half a chance it was this VWM Sweden / Geartec AB 'box (which SBG tried and then ditched)... http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1125621&postcount=321

WeeJase said:
*sales bullpoop from now departed manager of a certain banbury based "tuning" company
Banbury, or Daventry?

Last edited:

andyb

Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
I think thats a Snobeck produced car for some french silhoette series

built by Snobeck who later built the Cordoba, which IIRC won the French Championship with Raddermacker I think.

That Toledo briefly appeared as a Leon (as the whole rear end lifts off). Originally in SEAT Silver and yellow

Last edited:

andyb

Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
OK, here is the Mk 1 Toledo that raced in the French series
480725403_L.jpg

note its pre-face lift (although that could have easily been changed.

More up to date....

Leon Super turisme which quickly morphed into the Toledo
seat_leon.thumbnail.jpg

seat_toledo_03.jpg

Cordoba (which won the championship)
multimedia.html

855_4216.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.