Anyone thats fitted Eibach Sportline springs

davyboy

FR TFSI
Dec 18, 2007
Sheffield
Quick question for those who have fitted Sportlines do you or have you used two new axle bolts read someware that its a must to get new ones is this true and is there a correct torque setting for these.

JMP

May 27, 2004
Quick question for those who have fitted Sportlines do you or have you used two new axle bolts read someware that its a must to get new ones is this true and is there a correct torque setting for these.

I sudgest you skip the hassle and use spring clamps. This way you dont need to remove the axle bolts at all. I did mine this way.

shaun_fr

Did mine this weekend and didnt need to remove the bolts, did remove the three nuts on the bottom arm but thats about it [B)]

davyboy

FR TFSI
Dec 18, 2007
Sheffield
Thanks guys for your input is there anything to look out for my springs should be here shortly from DPM Performance so looking to fit this weekend,Shaun fr having recently done yours any problems or was it a breeze also is it clear which way in they sit ie not upside down dont want to fit them wrong way, sorry for sounding stupid but i am a total NEWB at this modding game.

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
the rears are a piece of p1ss and can be done in around 20 mins a side, fronts are a bit of a pain if i remember rightly, gaining access to strut top etc isnt the best, im sure its obvious the way they fit mate... you will manage fine.

shaun_fr

no worries, yea was pretty simple really, me and a mate did mine as its loads easier than on your own.
hardest part is to release the strut from the hub but we got a hammer on the job lol.
You will need a spline set aswell mate, looks like a torx bit but has 12 teeth.
just remove your wipers and the plastics around that to get access to top mounts

Rears are really easy, just remove the pin on bottom arm and pop the new spring in, did both sides in 10mins on mine

Hope this helps

23856_1265121190615_1307314151_30638525_2272842_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

davyboy

FR TFSI
Dec 18, 2007
Sheffield
Thanks guys for your input i have a mate who is helping me out knows so much more than me so hopefully should be fine. Shaun FR your car looks ace mate same colour as mine just ordered skirts spoiler and linear R grill from dave at Seremotors cant wait to get the kit on,thanks again guys.

ragz

Mar 21, 2010
@ shaun fr

mate that looks real nice. just like i was planning to do mine but in anthracite
are those wheels 18s?
whats the ride like with them springs?

thanx

ragz

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.