Are you running stage 2 plus on your TFSI?

What stage are you running

• Stage 2 plus

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Stage 1 or 2

Votes: 32 45.1%
  • Standard

Votes: 17 23.9%

• Total voters

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
becareful of the trial revo map, its not the full fat version and doesn't give you the full effect.

For me Stage 1 Superchips
Green Panel Filter
Milltek Non Res Cat Back

No issues, car drives very well

Stage 2 is far as i will go,

probably with MV Sport Sports Cat, possibly K&N CAI and Jabba custom remap.

Yeah I'm already aware that the Revo trial is not the full blown package. I suppose if I do go for it and it doesn't suit the car, there's always the 30 day money back guarantee offered by Revo.

I never read any concerns with the Revo map, only the Bluefin after I tried it on my car. A lot of Golf MKV have reported concerns with the Bluefin map. Its a real shame that it didn't suit my car.

Poverty

Yeah I'm already aware that the Revo trial is not the full blown package. I suppose if I do go for it and it doesn't suit the car, there's always the 30 day money back guarantee offered by Revo.

I never read any concerns with the Revo map, only the Bluefin after I tried it on my car. A lot of Golf MKV have reported concerns with the Bluefin map. Its a real shame that it didn't suit my car.

Revo is great stage 1, stage 2 aswell, and stage 2 plus is great if you are one of the lucky ones who doesnt get the flat spot.

Poverty

Remember its not just Revo cars that get the flat spot ;)

True, but more revo cars than any others albeit it being most popular in the UK.

But thats basically what this thread is about, to see if there is a relation between mod types and the flat spot.

Are there any APR users with the flat spot, cant remember if zboyd has it or not?

betts

chasing horses
May 22, 2009
nottingham
im running p torque stage1 software on my cupra and there's a liitle flat spot on my rr graph but nothing i can feel while driving, strange:confused:

ster9592

Hi I have a cupra 09 with apr full exhaust system evoms intake and i will moove in stage 2 I would want your opinion for intercooler I think THS or S3

cfcmick

Nov 11, 2006
Essex Boy
Stage 2 Revo at the moment
(Don't know the settings as don't have the dongle)
3" Miltek Turbo Back non-res with 200 cel sports cat
Flat panel filter (Think it's pipercross :confused:)
Forge DV with spacer
Last rolling road produced 355bhp but only 305lb
Previous RR was as per sig
No flat spot at the moment but......

Parts ordered and due to be fitted:
Forge Twintercooler
Forge Twintake
HPFP (Not sure of make but the one supplied by AMD)
and obviously will be going to Revo Stage 2+
Fear the flatspot ;)

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Revo Stage 2+
MV Sport Turbo Back Exhaust
KMD HPFP
ITG CAI
NGK Iridium BRK-8EIX plugs
OEM DV (Revision D)
S3 IC

I had a dull spot at around 5500rpm before changing the exhaust, but since it's gone it flies.

Only long term heat soak seems to make the car slightly lazier.

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
fr, so k03:
milltek tbe
itg intake
oem revision D dv
superchips stage 2
no flat spot
maybe superchips are too mildly tuned to get the flast spot?at least on the k03's?

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
Just a quick poll to see how many stage 2 plus cars we have on this site.

After voting please list your mods, and the makers of your map, and if you have a flat spot or not!

A stage 2 plus car must be running a HPFP, the rest of the bolt ons arent overly important as some people will have different combos.

Stage 2 plus

full miltek non res TBE

KMD HPFP internals

green panel air filter

Settings B 9 T 5 F 6. This is for the aggressive setting, is there a thread that explains the meaning of what each of these values means and does.

I don't believe I have a flat spot, and not pushed the car to check top end speed. Only had the car since Sunday. Will post settings soon.

Out of interest, what should the settings be on a stage 2+ or does is it differ for each individual car???

Last edited:

Poverty

adjusted the settings and the flat spot is pretty much gone on said car. However if you have a loud exhaust or run with the parcel shelf removed, listening to the exhaust you can still faintly hear that its there. With a std exhaust or quite one I dont think people would notice they would have a flat spot.

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Stage 2 plus

full miltek non res TBE

KMD HPFP internals

green panel air filter

Settings B 9 T 5 F 6. This is for the aggressive setting, is there a thread that explains the meaning of what each of these values means and does.

I don't believe I have a flat spot, and not pushed the car to check top end speed. Only had the car since Sunday. Will post settings soon.

Out of interest, what should the settings be on a stage 2+ or does is it differ for each individual car???

Fairly aggressive settings their and quite a rich setting of fuel considering you dont have an intake. I would drop the boost back a knotch to 8 and perhaps run fuel 9.

Poverty

Fairly aggressive settings their and quite a rich setting of fuel considering you dont have an intake. I would drop the boost back a knotch to 8 and perhaps run fuel 9.

I agree.

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
doesnt really make a differance but i will be my bottom dollar you wont stick with stage 1, its so good you will want to keep modifying. just do it, you know you want to

Poverty

Just brought my K1, It's completely standard, I was planning on waiting until the warranty runs out (2 years) before i started to tinker. At which point I was going to get all the bits done for stage 2+ (skipping Stage 1 & 2). Now i'm already considering stage 1

I'm presuming it might be better to go stage 1 first to give the engine a stretch out for a while, instead of plumping straight from standard to stage 2+.

I would go stage 1 then go from there. Going straight to stage 2 plus is nice, but going through the motions and understanding how the car reacts and transforms which each different mod is beneficial.

Last edited by a moderator:

Poverty

Thanks for the advice mate, I think thats what i'll do. I was going to leave it alone, but i've modded every car i've owned and I just can help it :)

Looking forward to a stage 1 map on it. It drive well enough in standard form. From your experience recommend anything else mod wise required before I get the ph.1 map done?

I think after doing a bit of re-search i'm leaning towards REVO. For my old LCR Revo had a bit of a name for loads of torque and not a progressive power curve like CC or AmD (but that was only the romour mill). But for the 2.0 TFSI they seem to have nailed a really good map for all round driving, from peoples comments i've read.

I had CCode on my LCR and that was really good, not knocking them at all. But the REVO tuned K1 has got some great write ups.

Stage 1 in itself is awesome and needs no other mods. You will love it, and once you get used to the power start modding for the other stages. That way you will get to enjoy each stage more imo.

Revo is good due to its adjustability, but if you get the flat spot issue like some of us it might ruin the experience as currently no one knows how to fix it or why its doing it. Other mappers say its because revo is too aggressive but who knows

Last edited by a moderator:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.