Arosa front tweeters

_AJ_

Rex
Apr 13, 2008
Colchester, Essex.
Hi,

Just brought a nice 1000w sub for the boot, and thinking of slowly replacing standard audio. I have a rough idea of how to get to the door card speakers.....but how would I get to the tweeters at the front near the windscreen??

and what wattage are the door card speakers and front tweeters?

Any help would be good.

Thankyou

AJ x

(p.s, sorry if your on clublupo too and have to read this twice :p)

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
On the MK1 the grill on the top of the dashboard lifts out with some persuasion and then the tweeters unscrew. Think they are tiny something like 3 & 1/2 inches but, could be wrong.

s10mph

VAG car nut
Mar 1, 2008
Thundersley
The wattage will be stamped on the speaker chassis somehere. A 1000w amp! in a Arosa. "You only supposed to blow the bloody doors off" Probably the windows as well.

_AJ_

Rex
Apr 13, 2008
Colchester, Essex.
Means I have to put the effort in to look :p oki ill do that. :p

HAHa... was a 1000w sub not amp, had a amp built in tho... the 12" fli active. I have the settings under half way atm to wear it in and it sounds great.. let alone having it up when its worn in!! :D hehe.

I'm proper getting into doing my car up now....little things at a time.. the details :) and a few big things every so often... :)

Might be a hose kit in the next month...hmmm. :p

AJ x

dvfmliv

Removing the tweeters from a mk2 Arosa requires grovelling with a small flat screwdriver around the mesh-casing. It'll come away fairly soon.

Advice to anybody with an Arosa. Get shut of the factory standard tweeters and door speakers ASAP. Keep them safe obviously, but replace them with something decent. You've paid out for a quality car, why not give it some quality audio because VAG have plainly skimped on the standard stuff.

Whatever door speakers you get, ALWAYS get the adaptor plates (Autoleads SAK3106) to fit them to, rather than mounting your bins directly onto the holes made redundant by the factory speakers removal, otherwise your speakers will probably vibrate like mad, no matter how snug and tightly screwed in they are.

Andy :)

_AJ_

Rex
Apr 13, 2008
Colchester, Essex.
Removing the tweeters from a mk2 Arosa requires grovelling with a small flat screwdriver around the mesh-casing. It'll come away fairly soon.

Advice to anybody with an Arosa. Get shut of the factory standard tweeters and door speakers ASAP. Keep them safe obviously, but replace them with something decent. You've paid out for a quality car, why not give it some quality audio because VAG have plainly skimped on the standard stuff.

Whatever door speakers you get, ALWAYS get the adaptor plates (Autoleads SAK3106) to fit them to, rather than mounting your bins directly onto the holes made redundant by the factory speakers removal, otherwise your speakers will probably vibrate like mad, no matter how snug and tightly screwed in they are.

Sounds relitavly (cant spell it) easy to take out... I'll have to have a gander around for some nice tweeters to put in it :) will have to wait til next months pay tho :p hehe.

btw, the subs wearing in abit now, and its sounding ace! [B)]

Yer, i will get the adaptors.. but ive seen threads concerning the back of the speakers interrupting the windows... is there something I have to do to overcome this?

Oh, and btw andy, what speakers have you got in yours? 'cos I have no idea which ones to get...

AJ x

dvfmliv

Unless you're planning on putting a massive 2ohm bin with a huge magnet on it, the adaptors will stop close on 99% of door speakers jamming the windows. It's very tempting, because I tried it, to fit your new speakers directly in the redundant holes. But no manner of fastenings will ever stop a probable vibration, or possibly as you said the speakers catching the window.

I've got a pair of 6 1/2" Alpine SPR-17LP 250Watt speakers in my doors, mounted on the adaptor plates. I run them directly from the head unit (JVC DB711 DAB/MP3 unit) and I find them punchy, with a decent bass response and willing to take a fair amount of punishment.

I alternate between a 10" sub in the boot, or a pair of Ground Zero 6" X 9"s mounted on a Lupo Stealth Shelf (depending on my mood!) powered by a Calibra amp. It's all good fun!!!

_AJ_

Rex
Apr 13, 2008
Colchester, Essex.
sounds good :) yer defo gna get the adapter, better that way, than it been rubbish heh.. yer im gna get a headunit at some point, but gna save up for a decent one...as itll be worth it in the long run. Theres an a1 motor store near me and they said theyll see what speakers will fit in the gap and allow the window to close before I buy them, so thats good! :)

No more spening money on car till next month tho.. :p

should then have a few hundred to spare :)

AJ x

tomo2323

I too had a go at some new audio in my arosa, like you i removed the front door speakers and tweeters. I replaced them with some Vibe (Sister company to FLi), tweeters and some 6.5" midrange for the doors. I also amped them up back to a 2 channel amp in the boot and sounds great for such a small car! Also with a bit of modificiation to the trim i fitted a large sub with the amp on top :)
P7150027.jpg

_AJ_

Rex
Apr 13, 2008
Colchester, Essex.
I could only fit an 800w sub in mine lol, couldnt get the 1000w in without like put the back seats on the first catch thing and they didn't look right like that so had go for the quieter option...can still rave though lol :p

I had that problem...but i put the 100w sub in the middle. and pulled the seats back.. and it locked in properly.. result :p hehe.

yer the fli sub has done me proud, as vibe make fli, may aswell see whats on the market.. :)

ohh excited for when i have money to spare :D

R3bb

Oct 28, 2007
Advice to anybody with an Arosa. You've paid out for a quality car, why not give it some quality audio because VAG have plainly skimped on the standard stuff.
This is the best quote I've heard in a while...
My Arosa has manual windows, manual locking... doesn't even have a switched ignition feed :)-o). I've never even heard of that on another car.
Arosa and quality car do not go together!
Don't get me wrong, I bought the car as a basic commuting car and it does that well, BUT!:happy:

Oh, and FLi is a brand or division of Vibe.

Seanyboy

this is my setup in my arosa mate, all 4 speakers upfront run off the crossovers in the boot. just installed my new headunit today infact, its just a basic double din 7" monitor works a treat and sounds fantastic, any help needed just shout :D

BILD0062.jpg

BILD0063.jpg

BILD0064.jpg

BILD0066.jpg

_AJ_

Rex
Apr 13, 2008
Colchester, Essex.
thats sum audio work there :p hehe.

Never thought bout putting them in the wing mirror thingy...

looks gd.. cant wait to start upgrading my standard speakers :)

and the monitor looks pretty hot!

_AJ_

Rex
Apr 13, 2008
Colchester, Essex.
I managed to take the tweeters out but...

It looks built in to the grill :s and doesnt say what watt they are...

DSC01751.jpg

DSC01752.jpg

This is all the info it had on the sticker thing in the picutre above..

VW BLAUPUNKT 6x0 035 441 4ohms

Make any sense of how I can get the tweeter apart or find out what watt they are :confused:

Tanks in advance :)

R3bb

Oct 28, 2007

doesnt say what watt they are...
This is all the info it had on the sticker thing in the picutre above..

VW BLAUPUNKT 6x0 035 441 4ohms
What other information are you after...?:confused:
They're 4 ohm Blauplunkts, chances are, size specific to the Arosa.

_AJ_

Rex
Apr 13, 2008
Colchester, Essex.
What other information are you after...?:confused:
They're 4 ohm Blauplunkts, chances are, size specific to the Arosa.

Hmm wanted to replace them.. but doesnt look like i can..

I wanted to know what 4 ohms means in wattage? nm Ill just replace door speakers..tweeters seem to complicated..

R3bb

Oct 28, 2007
Ohms is resistance, nothing to do with watts.

I don't know how they're wired, if they're seperate from the door speaker with their own crossover, or linked to the door speaker. If it's the latter, probably not wise to do one and not the other.

I'd replace them with components, rip the grill off the standard one if it's part of the trim, and mount the aftermarket tweeter under it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise