Arosa Repair Thread

gazjones

dont blame you you had the rear bumper done as well? looks really nice now nic

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Yep - good thing too, the garage discovered that the argument we had with a van last year had crumpled in my crash bar! So thats replaced and strong again now :)

gazjones

ah cool is the rest of the car being cut back to match that super shiney front end?

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Rest of the car hasn't been touched - although he's in such good condition a good clean and polish will bring it up to match! :)

gazjones

cant wait to see out come, has the smoothing cost you much more than it would have if it was just sprayed?

gazjones

cant complain about that then thats a good price. is the bottom of the rear bumper still plastic colour?

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Yep, I decided to buck the trend and stick with unpainted lowers. Couldn't get the idea I wanted for the front to work in reality so decided to leave it rather than compromise

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
No, unfortunately :( My place is already filled

But I did cheekily email the organisers and say I'd be there if anyone dropped out of the top 100 show and shine ;)

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Nic, to say Im impressed would be an understatement!!
the 'turn-around' has been phenominal and the work seems to be of the highest order.. you were right to keep your motor. I was really saddened the day I sold my 'Red-shed' as I had done so much to it, it felt 'me' in a sense.. the Cupra (cat 'C') that replaced it didnt.. but has started to recently..still a touch of bodywork left to do then get the respraying done got a few little ideas too that will hopefully come to fruition.:)

just saying to the missus, I understand your sentiments re your 'baby'.. they can get that way, cant they ;) she also said would it be worth me taking my car to Liec's to get the sprayig done there as he's done such a good job of your. :):)

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Look whos baaaaack :D :D :D

front.jpg

back.jpg

With a few alterations:

frontbumper.jpg

Backbumper.jpg

So extremely happy right now, I'm grinning like a cheshire cat. Doesn't he look lovely :love:

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Yep, smoothed bumpers, and colour coded wing mirrors. They used a bit of fibreglass on the bumpers too, to make them stand up to flexing a bit better.

And I would definatly recommend them to anyone. They've done a grear job in a very short amount of time! :D