Auto Window With Remote...Anyone tried this?

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
Has anyone given this ago yet for the mk3?

Hello all:

I'm new to the forum, at least writing.

I've done it in my Ibiza, I can open and close the windows with the remote. First of all you need another program different from VAGCOM, it's called VDS_PRO (and VAGCOM is based on it) that lets you write the eeprom (download http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/13489/_.html).

This program works under DOS (16 bit program, IT DOES NOT WORK IN THE WIN XP DOS EMU), so you'll need a boot diskette (i.e. win98 bootable diskette or cd). Boot from it and run the program. If it says not enough memory, edit vag.bat and replace checkmem 550 with checkmem 520.

You'll also need a serial OBDII interface. SERIAL. No drivers for USB in DOS, so SERIAL adapter.

Once the program is running it'll try to connect. Press Esc to abort. Alt+f and C to enter configuration. Second column, change to TRY (not FIXED). Close that window.

Press 46 to connect with the module itself (key in the ignition, engine stopped, as with VAGCOM). When connected press 11 to login, 19283.

Then read the memory and write down before changing anything, just in case... Function 26, read eeprom, memory positions 04361, 04362 and 04363.

The fun is coming, function 27, write eeprom. I had 10's in those memory positions. Replace all of them with 02.

Strange case, if not, jump paragraph. In case any of you have a number different than 10 and only in that case (haven't found an Ibiza that way yet) substract 8 to the number. In binary, 0000 1010-> 0000 0010. If xxxx 1xxx we want xxxx 0xxx. Sorry if I'm messing you...

You've replaced the memory, press Alt+x to close program. Shutdown laptop. Key out of the ignition. Deep breath. Windows down from inside the car. Get out, as if you had left them by mistake. Press lock button in the remote, and leave pressed until windows begin rolling up.

I hope it'll work for the majority of you. It worked for me (Ibiza 130cv, 2002 anniversary blue, well color don't really matter, I think ).

And, sorry for my english, I'm from Spain, by the way in spanish you can find more info about this mod in Leon and Ibiza. I think Polo and Fabia could work, don`t know. Google translate spanish->english maybe helps...

Good luck to all.

Thanks to S2S and some people from the SeatLeon forum who, I think, did it first. Thanks to all of them.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
theres been lots of talk and debate about auto window and full closure features but eventually it just gets crushed and forgotten.the simple answer is no it doesnt work. above is about a mk4 ibiza by the sounds of it, there has also been a select few leon owners who got it working.

there was talk of seperate modules which had to be installed, can buy them on ebay, not sure any one actually did though.

i wouldnt like to write to eeprom anyway, and wouldnt let anyone else touch it on my car

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
i think the feature was missing and thats why it didnt work for people

the people who did get it to work, only had to switch the feature on using vagcom, in the central convenience module which the mk3 ibiza doesnt have

no eeprom 'hacking' which unless you know what your doing, you shouldnt play with. might find your car dont start afterwards LOL

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise