Back Passenger Door will not open from the inside or out...HELP!!!

abdam

I have been using my back doors normally since I got the car and all of a sudden my back passenger door will not open from the inside or out. When I pull the handle from the inside the lock comes up, only to go back down when I let go and it will not open at all. I've even tried to unlock it with the button on the drivers door that unlocks all the doors normally. I've managed to get the door card most the way off i'm just struggling with a speaker cable not wanting to unclip. Everything attached to the door card seemed fine but I wouldn't know what I was looking at if i managed to get the metal plate off, which I know can be difficult.

Would anyone know why this would be happening? And any guides with what I might be able to do please. :(

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Sounds dead-locked, there should be a long metal rod mechanismn attatched to a white plastic connecting piece, try turning the plastic piece and then trying it. Other than that its a right ball-buster of a job.

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
sounds like door control module to me. try knocking around the door handle and see if it then works with the key remote. If it does thats exactly what it is must be weather or soldering breaking in the unit which makes them tempremental. You will find a lot of info if you use the search function on it

abdam

I pulled the metal rod and that didn't work and I have knocked around the door handle a fair bit too, even tried hitting the inside of the door to see if that did anything but I still have no luck :(

Any other Ideas?

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
most likely still the control module but it has completely had it. The checks mentioned above will just show it up whether or not its on the way out.

mac magic

I have what sounds like exactley the same problem. I have had my door card off for a couple of months! The metal (inner) door card is rivoted on and does not come off, making it difficult to see what is going on with the handle.

I can see my lock (metal rod & plastic bit) working as normal, but looks like something has failed within the actual handle assembly.

Recently I got a proper vag-com and viewed a couple of minor fault codes. Whilst on the software I noticed there was a module for 'rear right door' which did not respond/allow me to access. Not sure whether there is anything electrical which could be related to the problem?

I would be interested to know how you get on with this problem or if anyone has accessed the door modules on vag-com.

Cheers.

abdam

I went over a nasty speed bump today and my door started working again!!! So I think it must be the control module like VWbassett said.

Is this job really difficult to do? How would I go about doing it? if it involves takes bits off in the outer door handle and the bits off near the lock to I wouldn't have time to do this myself I don't this so I might have to send it in to the garage then. But its there is a easy clear guide to follow then I might give it a go.

I have what sounds like exactley the same problem. I have had my door card off for a couple of months! The metal (inner) door card is rivoted on and does not come off, making it difficult to see what is going on with the handle.

Cheers.

If your metal inner door card is rivoted surely there must be another way to get behind it? Unless this was an unofficial job. I might be miles wrong here but I think I've heard of some cars where you remove the outside part of the door and not the inner where the metal plate is. Are there any bolts that look like they could be holding another panel on?

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
They arent too difficult but are bit fiddly and time consuming plus are parts £92. Check out the votex forums for good diy guides.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.