Bad day today FIRE!!!

cupra-neil

Gone but not forgotten
Aug 3, 2003
liphook hampshire
Visit site
Went to the hair dressers today, while i was in there someone said does anyone own a blue car i said i do the next thing i know theres loads of smoke coming out of my bonnet vents, i unlock the car pop the bonnet and arrrrrr my battery is covered in flames, for my luck though 2 top blokes had a couple of buckets of water ready and put the fire out before the fire brigade turned up.
Doesnt look to good now, im telling myself it could have been worse battery has fried, power steering res has slighty melted cant undo it! maf wire has melted and the header tank wires too. Air filter, Jabba's heatsheild works a treat filter was fine considering there were flames coming off the battery, bonnet, as ive got a vented bonnet flames have come out and melted the paint. So all in all a bad day for me very upset and pissed off at the same time :cry:

Neil

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/cupra-neil/car008.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/cupra-neil/car009.jpg

gazjones

ouch these bonnet vents might have let some of the heat exit the bonnet area and helped prevent more damage gutted for ya mate insurance claim or not?

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
Gutted for you mate,

But it could have been alot, lot worse,

Keep ya chin up, Should be sorted in no time.

bazza1000

Jun 2, 2005
Leicestershire
oh no gutted for you dude, at least you caught it at the early stages or could have been alot worse. Am sure you will have it all fixed and back up and running asap!

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
Damn seriously sorry for ya mate, was there a reason why it did that?... im kinda worried that mines gonna do it now:blink:

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
the louvres actually would of aided the fire by allowing fresh oxygen in to feed the flames, would of been harder without them in my opinion

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
what caused it? SEAT's shite fuse panel on top of the battery... which allows the fan fuse to melt... likely culprit maybe

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.