Best budget tyres for Leon Cupra ?

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
Yep, well i've narrowed it down to Falken 452, Ventus RS2 Z212 or Kumho Ecstas now !. Favouring the Falken 452s at the mo.

Anyone know of a good garage around the Durham area who do the Falkens at a reasonable price ???.

All these internet prices seem to start at around £80, i've heard from a few on here getting them cheaper.

Regards,
Andy

Last edited:

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
Yeah, i've had them done there before, but looking at their website it doesn't appear they do Falkens ???. I'm about 4 miles out of Durham but will travel 15 miles or so.

Regards,
Andy

Hudds

Feb 12, 2007
Huddersfield
One that hasn't been mentioned are the FEDERAL SS595 SUPER STEEL, just got them at £58 each off camskill, and after using Goodyear F1's they are pretty damn good, so much so i'm on my second set.

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
Well just rang around and got various quotes. Most garages are quoting the Falken at over £90 each, if i was going to pay that then i'd just get a known pro brand !!!

Anyway, what they've come up with are:

1) "FATE" (by Continental) at £65 each (fully fitted)
2) "FALKEN ZE912" at £78 each (fully fitted)
3) "Lassa Sports" (by Bridgestone) at £74.37 each (fully fitted)
4) "Accelera Extra Load" (Z rating) at £62.24 each (fully fitted)

Googled the Accelera, Fate and Lassa but cannot find much in the way of feedback on them.

Are any of these much good, and which would you go for (in your expert opinion)

Best Regards,
Andy

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
Just googled a bit further and found write ups for these:

Fate Tyres
Fate has established some important records in the rubber business in Argentina, its home country. It is the first constructer to ever introduce on the Argentinean market the radial tire, the low profile tire and the steel belts. Leader in South America, this company, created in Buenos Aires in 1940, exports almost half of its tyre production to Europe and the USA. The Argentinean tires meet standards imposed by the greatest manufacturers in the world: flawless driving, and a remarkable discretion, due to their silent grip. Conceived according some fundamental elements, as pleasure and comfort, Fate tires are found in some important constructers' factories, like Peugeot, Renault, Volkswagen, Ford and Mercedes Benz. The automobile tyres series AR made Fate win the United Nations award for "Excellency and technological innovation", in 1995.

Lassa
The Company
Brisa, the number one tyre manufacturer in Turkey and the sixth biggest tyre producer in Europe, has an internationally recognised record of achievements in quality management leading to total customer satisfaction and continues to build its future on excellence.
Brisa manufactures a wide range of tyres to meet domestic and international needs, utilising the most recent and advanced technology, under Lassa and Bridgestone brands

Not that it helps much!

Think i'll ditch the Accelera brand (few bad write ups), so it's looking like:

Anyone had any experience with these tyres/brands ?

Andy

Last edited:

Curious Chris

attention seeker
Sep 11, 2006
i have used federals on all my cars i love them, if i didnt get cheap goodyears id still have federals on my leon now!!

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
I have Federal on mine and love them, but they're very loud and all the reviews i've seem suggest the same!.

Unfortunately it's looking like it's gonna have to be one of these:

I've rang around about 10 local garages and garages near my work, and they are all quoting Falken 452's at over £90, all the garages have recommended the Lassa (by Bridgestone) and Fate (by Continental). They said they've sold quite a few with good feedback. Don't know how true that is !

If it were a choice of the above 3 (which it's looking like now), which would u go for ?

Best Regards,
Andy

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
Although just rang a garage near the Metro Centre, Gateshead and i can get 2 Falken 452's fitted for £154, reckon i should go with them ?? or one of those listed above ?

Regards,
Andy

Curious Chris

attention seeker
Sep 11, 2006
didnt realise tyres were so expensive! its that long since i paid full price for them i couldnt tell you if its a decent deal or not

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
I know!, last time i got Federal Tyres i'm sure i only paid about £65 a tyre. They now quoting £75 a tyre!. I don't mind paying a bit extra for a decent budget tyre, quite favouring the Falken 452's now @ £154 for 2 fully fitted etc.

Not sure if they are better than the FATE, Lassa or Falken ZE912 tho !

Andy

delduca1

i was like you i searched high and low i ended up paying 97 quid for 2 tyres fully fitted and managed to get some dayton tyres made by bridgestone great tyres i got a guarentee and everything with them even free puncture repair if it happens i thought tht was a good deal

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
Yeh, i don't think you can go far wrong with the backing of a good name behind a budget tyre. Might end up going with the FATE tyres (by Continental).

Andy

woots

I'm currently looking at lcs and using the advice on this forum so cheers all. One of the lcs I've just tried had 'advantage' budget tyres and they were horrendous, properly slow normal pace into first roundabout and loads of squeal. Glad it was dry, was a bit embarassing with the trader next to me.

Also I used to have kuhmo ecsta mxs on my old rx7, lasted ages and stood upto quite a few laps on the track before they would go off, really good value at £50 for 255/50/17 off ebay. Not amazing in the wet but not too bad. I'd definitely recommend those.