Biggest Steel wheel in 4x100 bolt pattern ?

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Hi

I am thinking of getting some transport wheels for my ibiza - need to be large diameter for ground clearance for loading onto trailers etc - was thinking of a set of steelies with some big sidewall crap tyres, van tyres or suchlike. Wheels dont need to be wide but 16 or 17" would be a benefit for brake clearance - whats the biggest out there people know of ?

cheers

Rob

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
First thing that sprung to mind was the VW 15" winter wheels, but they'e most likely to small

This might sound like a lot of hassle, but you could find a suitable 5x100 (or sharan) wheel and weld a profiled cut 4x100 adapter & drill through. Its not like you'll do any reasonable speed or milage on them.

Take it you only need 2 to get that low front on & off the trailer?

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Not so bothered about width - only want them for loading onto trailer - diameter is the key, could do with being 600mm+

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
what size were the mk3 golf spares?

may be worth a call to golfnutz rob, see what he has???

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
they're all the same size IIRC, I'll check the boot later, but I'm sure it's 15" - almost zero offset too

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Renault Laguna estate if you can find the early wheels they do a 15" and a 16" steel

if its just for storage/moving about etc look at BMW/alfa/fiat/vauxhall/seat/vw/skoda/renault/honda?? all do a 4/100 in some form or another

best bet would be space savers as m0rk says zero offset - though as long as height is ok ?