Black alloys with red lip - pics of Mk1 Leon multispokes please!

J0N

Defected!
Wolfrace have been making wheels since time began. My Dad had Wolfrace on his 3.0 Capri when I was a (very young) kid so they should know what they're doing by now. Also, I've had one set of Wolfrace and three sets of TSW's over the years and never had a problem with quality.

andypotts1981

Sep 25, 2009
Haha yes I would do that!

Cool, that's a good price, the cheapest I can find reps for is £315 on eBay.

don't just search for VW/Audi rims...

Igot mine (same as emdees) listed as skoda wheels... but they are exactly the same. Only paid £150 for them and then a bit TLC

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
Well I got my Crimbo bonus so wheels are definitely on the cards now :D

A lot of people advise against multi-fit alloys (I don't know why), but I've had a couple of friends use them without any issues.

I think it's just the empty holes that look ugly rather than there actually being an issue with them. I suppose you could always try and put some kind of cap in the spare holes to make it look like there are bolts in them though.

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
Ok so I've spent the day trawling the net and using ye olde Photoshop, and have narrowed down my choices.

After thinking that the lip on the Pro Race 1.2S was probably too thick I came across this thread whilst looking for pics on Google and have now decided that they look awesome!! So they are now probably my first choice, especially seeing as they're light weight.

Here are my Photoshops (my mirrors might need re-spraying to match the wheels lol):

TSW Trackstar 5
wheels_tsw_trackstar_2.jpg

wheels_tsw_trackstar_1.jpg

Wolfrace Takata
wheels-wolfrace-takata-2.jpg

wheels-wolfrace-takata-1.jpg

Inovit Sparkle
wheels-inovit-sparkle-2.jpg

wheels-inovit-sparkle-1.jpg

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2S
wheels-TD-prorace-12S-2.jpg

wheels-TD-prorace-12S-1.jpg

Team Dynamics Monza RS
wheels-TD-monza-RS-2.jpg

wheels-TD-monza-RS-1.jpg

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
I've seen those rim protector things but only in silver whilst looking on eBay for BBS CH rims. Think I'd rather have the rim colour as part of the wheel though, they might look a bit naff.

Adam, yeah the Pro Race do look smart in plain black ;) but I really want something with a red lip. If I was feeling really brave I'd consider getting the same ones as you and painting the engraved writing red but I'd probably screw it up and don't fancy painting a set of brand spanking new alloys! Did you look at the link I posted of the Mk2 Leon with the red lipped Pro Race's? I think they look a lot better in a real photo rather than the Photoshops.

What offset are your Pro Race? I'm unsure what offset to look for with them being wider than my FR alloys because I do plan to lower the car as well so don't want any rubbing etc.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I've seen those rim protector things but only in silver whilst looking on eBay for BBS CH rims. Think I'd rather have the rim colour as part of the wheel though, they might look a bit naff.

Adam, yeah the Pro Race do look smart in plain black ;) but I really want something with a red lip. If I was feeling really brave I'd consider getting the same ones as you and painting the engraved writing red but I'd probably screw it up and don't fancy painting a set of brand spanking new alloys! Did you look at the link I posted of the Mk2 Leon with the red lipped Pro Race's? I think they look a lot better in a real photo rather than the Photoshops.

What offset are your Pro Race? I'm unsure what offset to look for with them being wider than my FR alloys because I do plan to lower the car as well so don't want any rubbing etc.

The ones in that link look a bit diffferent to mine? Mine say 'Team Dynamics Motorsport' on the rim but they don't look as tho they do?

Mine are 8x18 ET35 and I'm running 5mm spacers to get ET30 its lowered 55-60mm ish and don't rub at all.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Cool cheers for the info.

Yeah the 1.2S don't have the engraving on the rim like the 1.2, so it could be that the rim is slightly smaller too?

Oh I see! I don't think the rim is smaller it just looks as if the thin red band is in middle of the lip as you can see black either side of it.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I personally think they'd look better plain black [not just cause mine are]

I do like the wolfrace ones with the red lip you've photoshopped.

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
Yeah the Wolfrace look very similar to LCR wheels with them being double 5 spoke.

Incidentally if I can find a cheap set of LCR rims (hens teeth I hear you say) I was considering getting a refurb in black, red or black with red lip (if that would be possible on LCR rims).

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
good bit i was thinking with the wheel protectors is you could remove them easily if you get bored of the look as so many of us do

im going to get a set for my black rs4 18s when the come available and will let people know how i get on unless someone beats me to it

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
I'm majorly tempted to get the Wolfrace wheels now, been looking around and found some more pictures of them and think they're really nice looking. I think the gun metal colour might look better than some of the black rims I've been looking at. Still not keen on them being multifit though.

I found an article online saying that the bad thing about multifit alloys is that they are not hub centric due to the bore being quite big to allow them to fit as many cars as possible, so they can go out of balance easily. It said that the solution is to fit centring rings so that they become hub centric. Now my understanding was that you would fit spigot rings anyway if the bore wasn't correct, regardless of the wheels being multifit or not :confused:

My after market alloys on my old car were fitted with spigot rings as standard and I wasn't charged any extra for them. Do most alloy wheel places supply them with the wheels? Am I likely to need extra big/expensive spigot rings because the alloys are multifit?

Some pics of the Takata's anyway:

51664254006.jpg

51672777325.jpg

51689823963.jpg

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
You should always fit spigot rings, they usually come as part of the fitting kit.

Are they special headed bolts? some wolfrace wheels have special headed bolts that are not long enough to use spacers.

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
I thought so, I couldn't imagine anyone would use mismatched bores without them!

I've not seen anything mentioning the bolts, but they are available in the correct offset anyway so shouldn't need spacers. Thanks for the advice though, I'll keep it in mind if I do decide to buy them.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.