blueflame or milltek???

mr.leatherday

Nov 13, 2008
Chesterfield
hi all i brought a milltek cat back for my mk1 cupra r and now im wondering if i did right m mate brought the blueflame 1 last week and i think if fits better and poss sounds better did i make the right choice??? or am i better swoping? many thanks martin

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
Milltek are one of the best (maybe the best) VAG pipe makers going. If it don't sit/look right take it back to the fitter and have it moved.

With regards to sound - you need to let the system coke up a bit to get the best sound.

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Not sure if there's any truth in this but I heard that Milltek are now made under license in China and that quality has gone right down the pan. A shame if its true because my last Milltek system was superb.

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
I'm saving up at the moment for a new system. Going to get a pipewerx CAT back for £325. You can have any of their tailpipe designs as long as it leaves a 10mm gap to the bumper.

EDIT: so if your not happy that might be an alternative.

Last edited:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Not sure if there's any truth in this but I heard that Milltek are now made under license in China and that quality has gone right down the pan. A shame if its true because my last Milltek system was superb.

I dont think that is the case, AmD work very closely with Miltek and I'v not heard any such rumers,
The Blueflame tail pipe is a little fatter than the miltek.
Did you get a resonated system or non res ???

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I'm saving up at the moment for a new system. Going to get a pipewerx CAT back for £325. You can have any of their tailpipe designs as long as it leaves a 10mm gap to the bumper.

EDIT: so if your not happy that might be an alternative.

You can get a proper system (i.e Miltek or Piper) for only a bit more than that.

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
You can get a proper system (i.e Miltek or Piper) for only a bit more than that.

They are proper systems... you go down there for a few hours and they fit the system and said I could choose an alternative tail pipe design if I wanted. Check out their web site that do a lot of custom work: http://www.pipewerx.com/index.html

Anyway poor old mr. leatherday will think I'm highjacking the thread if we carry on.

Last edited:

Cupra Ross

May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
I dont think that is the case, AmD work very closely with Miltek and I'v not heard any such rumers,

AmD are supplied by Milltek UK, the same as JKM, Star Performance and many others are supplied by Milltek. Do you work for AmD? I used to use them when they were "Big boys toys". I had a Forge DV, cambelt, tensioner, relay roller, hydraulic damper and REVO remap done there on a previous Leon Cupra. Top quality service and very helpful people.

This snippet of info came from a very respected guy over on UK Passats. It could be nonsense but he is not known for talking rubbish.

Last edited:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
There's loads of places that will make an exhaust while you wait, I had one done on my old 220 Turbo, I had it done in 2 section's and it always blew on the joint, the place that I went to formed the bend's with a normal bending machine which reduces the pipe size at the bend most decent pre made systems will be "mendrel" bent, these dont dont reduce the pipe size at the bends which reduces restiction in the system.
I'm not slating Pipeworx cos I'v never tryed them but I would'nt buy a "Custon System" again

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
AmD are supplied by Milltek UK, the same as JKM, Star Performance and many others are supplied by Milltek. Do you work for AmD? I used to use them when they were "Big boys toys". I had a Forge DV, cambelt, tensioner, relay roller, hydraulic damper and REVO remap done there on a previous Leon Cupra. Top quality service and very helpful people.

This snippet of info came from a very respected guy over on UK Passats. It could be nonsense but he is not known for talking rubbish.

:D No mate I dont work for AmD although a few other member's on here will say differently, Although i do spend a lot of time there :whistle: I'll try and find out if this is true.
I'v got a Miltek non-res cat back on my LCR and i'v got to say the build qulity is very good.

Cupra Ross

May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
:D No mate I dont work for AmD although a few other member's on here will say differently, Although i do spend a lot of time there :whistle: I'll try and find out if this is true.
I'v got a Miltek non-res cat back on my LCR and i'v got to say the build qulity is very good.

:D Well, there are worse places to spend time, they are a quality outfit.

I had a Milltek resonated cat-back on my first Cupra and the quality was excellent. I hope they are still the same as I'm planning a turbo back system on my current Leon.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.