Boca dash illumination?

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Hey guys. I was just wondering how you all feel about this. I have been looking around at the new beeza pictures and have noticded that the dial illumination on the boca/cupra and I think the FR is white and the other models are red. You guys who have bocas already, do you think it would have been better to make the illumination in these models red rather and the others white as it is more sporty or does the white look better? Or have I been looking at the wrong pictures all along???!!!! Personally I am praying mine will be red and if not can this be changed?!:think:

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
The white is great mate. The B symbol, and the red line are of course red, but the dial illumination is great in white, it's sharp and the trip computer is also very good. Away from the dials, the rest of the buttons/radio... are red and look good in the relaxing red. You also get a dial next the headlight height dial which allows you to adjust the illumination on the dash and centre console lighting.

With the size of the dial lettering red would be a little hard to make out with the black surround.

ED

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Hmmm I see what you are saying. Is there any possibility of getting a piccy up here to have a look at?

Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
it is also white on the FR too
think it looks alot nicer than red
theres a nice white halo around the speedo needle it looks really posh like somthing you would find on high end beemers

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
The boca/cupra/fr dials iare identical to the normal one isn't it, just with white illumination? so it should just be a case of buying a replacement boca dial unit and swapping them over?

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Looks good IMHO, a nice place to be I think.

041120091672.jpg

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
thats a good point techie do you know if you can get the lights changed, i love the white effect on the speedo, if you could look into it that would be great XD

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Am I going nuts or does vtxracer trip computer measure in km's???!!!!! techie i see yours is in miles. Can you choose which you want?

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
vtx racer is from greece, techie is from england

we use different measurments mate, so if your english then your speedo will be Mph and the digital one will be Kph and if european then vice versa, it is the law to display both speeds and the ibiza doesnt have two speedo dials (usually one is inside the other)

so to answer your question yes you can choose which one you want, but first you must decide where you want to live XD

4-candles

May 27, 2006
Kent
I have seen a few threads on the MPH/KPH issue. Let me throw this in the Pot.
General concensus is that on UK Spec we can only have Digital in KPH, as dash must show both MPH and KPH (the Law !).

I have just moved over from a 2007 C2. They have fully Digital Dash (except Rev Counter). It only shows either KPH or MPH, which is selectable by the driver. It CANNOT display both at the same time !

So either its not 'the Law' or there are some wrinkles in the interpretation.