Body Kit, Wide Arch

Cupra Duper

Jul 26, 2007
Was just looking over the web and ebay when i was bored at work and came across this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Seat-Leon-Xtr...ryZ72207QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

its a huge kit and would be a big to fit. I think the rear end looks fantastic but the front just needs something different around where the badge goes, maybe a hage showing intercooler.

What do you guys think?

P.s had my LCR for 1 week now, done 300 miles to £50 :-( now going to drive nice and see what i can get out of her. Also my mate saw it, fell in love with it so he went a brought a yellow one on sat.

Colonelk

Nov 17, 2006
Thats just a defilement.

A big thumbs down from me.

You'll turn it into a chav wagon worthy of ridicule.

Change alloys, mod suspension, mod engine, = YES. Bodykits like that.....erm...NO :ban:

name__taken

... Narrp?
Jan 11, 2006
Cambridge UK
www.soundclick.com
I'm not keen but i've seen body kits that look a lot worse than that one... It reminds me of that MG SV-R.

The only kit i've seen that I like is the xiegen interceptor 2, but again i personally wouldn't touch it.

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
For the love of all that is sacred DON'T DO IT!

If you want to change how the LCR looks after 1 week of ownership, why did you buy it in the first place?

Cupraloon

Put the P40 down and step away from the car......

Hideous..... just hideous

And without a doubt decending into deep, deep chavdom...

f8c3_1.JPG

f9c2_1.JPG

And on top of all that, how the hell are you going to fit through width restrictions..... :whistle:

Cupraloon

I'm not keen but i've seen body kits that look a lot worse than that one... It reminds me of that MG SV-R.

The only kit i've seen that I like is the xiegen interceptor 2, but again i personally wouldn't touch it.

Ummm, i agree, why would you want your leon to look like a crappy over chavved rover...:confused:

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
Wheelspacer-tastic

Massive thumbs down from me also, the LCR is such a looker!

At least do it to a poverty spec one and not an R!

cheekyboy_123

:scary:Its a no no from me too..
I think the facelift kit on the newer Leons are just right. Flash enough to stand out, but not OTT like this monster..It will also be a nightmare to move on come the time to sell.
I'd stick to engine, suspension mods..

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
I like it, this site is full of people who want to stay oem and subtle nothing wrong with it but if you like that go and get it done you only live once and if your going to let a bunch of people on the internet tell you what to do then why bother thinking about it in the first place.

If thats your whim go and do it any bodyshop worth there salt would stick it on and make it look good. and a huge intercooler would be delicious. I dont think its chav at all.

cheekyboy_123

I like it, this site is full of people who want to stay oem and subtle nothing wrong with it but if you like that go and get it done you only live once and if your going to let a bunch of people on the internet tell you what to do then why bother thinking about it in the first place.

If thats your whim go and do it any bodyshop worth there salt would stick it on and make it look good. and a huge intercooler would be delicious. I dont think its chav at all.

Agreed, but i believe he asked for opinions..Most of which have been honest, and lets be fair, it does look cr&p!..

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
Agreed, but i believe he asked for opinions..Most of which have been honest, and lets be fair, it does look cr&p!..

but that is your opinion.

My opinion, it looks great in the right colour and with those german mirror tint lights instead of the led.

You could replace the front grille with an RS4 grill and sand off the audi mount and stick a seat badge on would looke awesome i think.

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Tbh, it's not worse than the optional kit on the Mk2 Leons (No offence to anybody who has one ;)). But I don't like that. It looks great standard, no reason to ruin it!!

Cupra Duper

Jul 26, 2007
I didnt say i was thinking of doing it. i love my cupra the way it is, never going to change a thing to the body or wheels. was just having a look around to see what options the chavs have.

I do think the kit looks cool tho, something you could make in to a one off like the 306 twin v6.

Good to see what people think tho.

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
P.s had my LCR for 1 week now, done 300 miles to £50 :-( now going to drive nice and see what i can get out of her. Also my mate saw it, fell in love with it so he went a brought a yellow one on sat.

Why don't you try driving it right before taking it easy?
If your driving the LCR the way its supposed to you should be lucky to get 250 out of a 60quid tank! so take it to your local she'll and fill it to the rim with v power - now go out and have 200-250 miles of great driving!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.