Boost Problem

arron2004

Cupra Boy
Mar 1, 2007
Nottingham J25 M1
Hi guys had a maf gon on my car couple months ago and it was not boosting correct as when i brough car it hit 15psi on a unkown map. Now i brought a new maf and it did not correct the problem so i unplugged it and used car with it unplugged for a while. In that time i fitted a pro alloy fmic. Now i have been payed i have brought a new maf and it hits 15psi and drops right down to 8-10 psi and does not feel no where near as quick as when maf was unplugged? i can see for boost leaks is it worth buying a new N75? no faults are coming up on vag com, or could it be due to the fmic ?

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
i don't know how much you make a month, but if your solution to all problems is buy something new and hope it works, then I hope a lot!

get the car on vagcom and start from there

arron2004

Cupra Boy
Mar 1, 2007
Nottingham J25 M1
nice one cus! And reuvers i make enough to pass me buy plus the 1st maff came up as a fault on vag com and i did a little reading that this controlls your boost and can be a problem! I just went out in it now and it not even making 10 psi only 9 ish i gutted just really want to know how to sort this

arron2004

Cupra Boy
Mar 1, 2007
Nottingham J25 M1
When you fitted the Pro Alloy intercooler what map sensor did you use? Your original one or did you change it?

i used the original map sensor i think but there was one in the kit that i brought used off neils ibiza cupra :headhurt: but not 100 % on which one i used! Could my split-R need adjusting? as in its letting boost off to easy?

arron2004

Cupra Boy
Mar 1, 2007
Nottingham J25 M1
i just fitted the other map and it has made no difference but that map sensor has spent a few nights out in the rain so is it worth investing in a new 1? I found out who the map/chip was done with chipped uk .com so i not got a clue! Could do with some one local to have alook for some beer tokens

Last edited:

arron2004

Cupra Boy
Mar 1, 2007
Nottingham J25 M1
so happy today car fixed.

as you may have read guy's i was having some problem's with my boost. It was going up to 12psi and dropping to 6 and not going any higher. So after a new maf and coil pack's and plug's which it needed it was still not boosting correct. So again i checked for boost leak's none found. Replaced map sensor. Still not boosting. But i unplugged maf and it boosted up to 14ish psi as befor. So i double checked maf no faults. Yesterday my new induction kit jetex come. And what a diffserence it's boosting to like 16psi pulling harder and better than ever befor. It feel's like a new car to drive.

arron2004

Cupra Boy
Mar 1, 2007
Nottingham J25 M1
nice one guys it just made a cheekysmile on my face when a audi a6 3.2 quattro tryed to have me today on way home from work up the dual carrige way and i pulled away and left him but then had to start braking for roundabout but he was giving it its all ! I LOVE CUPRA POWER! My spanish mules did me proud!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.