BPM's Supercopa....the work begins!

obes

Jun 7, 2010
Northampton
www.bpmracing.co.uk
Having now finished our last race in the faithful Clio, it's time to start prepping the Supercopa for enduro. We're out for the first time in it tomorrow, so needless to say we're very excited!!

It's brand new, so first things first - it's out with the manual and torque check throughout!

frontoff.jpg

After tomorrow we'll pull the fuel filler out and add a 2nd tank with dry break fillers.

Seat1.jpg

More pics to follow!

O.

Tony T 1985

this is awesome - i'll be keeping an eye on this to see how you get on :)

Ash-Supercopa

Bags first drive, please, pretty please?

All I have done is reverse it when it arrived.

I am very excited:D

Ash-Supercopa

All are welcome to come to the races, we will be doing the Britcar 24 Hour 1st to 3rd October at Silverstone.

Bring yer cars, you never know we may need a spare part off it :D

And if I am allowed, here is the current web site with race dates.

www.bpmracing.co.uk

If you come to any races, please come and say hello, we are a friendly bunch.

Ash-Supercopa

One last thing, if anyone can find us a spare bonnet, we need one to mount the lights. Red if we can get it.

obes

Jun 7, 2010
Northampton
www.bpmracing.co.uk
We haven't done anything yet mate, that's how they come from the factory.
It'll barely be much different from the outside once it's done (apart from the sponsor graphics) most of the changes are inside.

Once the fuel is done, we'll get the radio and video system sorted and fit the transponder. After that, we'll have a good look at the induction.
We'll also need to do some testing on the cooling to see if anything needs doing for the 24hr race. We had to put a gearbox cooler on the Clio, but there's one on the supercopa as standard.

There's quite a bit of wiring too as we'll need to add the harnesses for the auxilliary lighting.
We'll probably use a 2nd bonnet for that so we can change over quickly once the night falls.
This is what we did on the clio & it worked pretty well.

BPMSILV500.jpg

Ash-Supercopa

Thanks to admin for editing my post and adding the url.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Nice, subscribed.

Good luck this weekend guys.
Any of your races going to be televised?
Please keep us up to speed with this as I would doubt you'll be up to KnockHill any time :(

Ash-Supercopa

Nice, subscribed.

Good luck this weekend guys.
Any of your races going to be televised?
Please keep us up to speed with this as I would doubt you'll be up to KnockHill any time :(

The race series is on Motors TV, called simply "Britcar". Although sometimes they give it a strange name, like "Summer Madness" did not get that last time.

We are not racing this weekend, we are doing a shake down test on Thursday, we then have a test day at Snetterton on the 6th July, again, all welcome.

First race is Snetterton next month, see the website for race dates.

Ash-Supercopa

First shake down run yesterday and official unveiling. Pics to follow.

She went well, no issues, we did not get speed as the idea was just to test the car and drive it for the first time.

WOW.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Looking good guys. When are you testing at Snetterton? I'll pop down and say hello if I'm around :)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
were you in great park, heading to the motorway by any chance?
with front bumper off on trailer, and "LLOYD" on the back?
if so you was spotted by a gwaking passenger in a polo that overtook you (MEEE lol)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.