BPM's Supercopa....the work begins!

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
First shakedown done - it was a bit limited as we got chucked off for noise after a few laps, but we did enough to tickle it round and make sure there were no leaks etc etc.
We stickered it with reflective - here's how it looks so far. We've still got a few left ot put on.
stickered.jpg

reflective.jpg

and a quick vid of the first corner of it's first lap :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVfiF1CnOHI

What a sound... :D

Sweeet

Scott

Ash-Supercopa

What a sound... :D

Sweeet

Scott

We were asked to short shift because of the noise, that was no where near full chat.

We may have a noise issue for the races, probably need another muffler.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Hey mate car looks tops

I dont suppose you could get a closeup of how the Bonnet Gas struts are mounted? alot of us MK2 Owners want gas struts instead of a stupid manual metal arm

Aj

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Some of the other ones I've seen had an external back box/silencer mounted horizontally across the back for circuits where noise is a problem. m0rk has pictures.

obes

Jun 7, 2010
Northampton
www.bpmracing.co.uk
Some of the other ones I've seen had an external back box/silencer mounted horizontally across the back for circuits where noise is a problem. m0rk has pictures.

I think we'll go with a re-packable centre silencer. The 24hr has pretty low noise limit - we ended up with a load of last minute emergency welding on the Clio exhaust last time! It woked well though - we've never taken it out!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
You can have ours mate, they'll be one of the first things to come off!
Will see if I can get some pics :)

Yeh if you can get some pics, If there easy to fit then il fit them but i dont really fancy start modifying lots of bits

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
We had our first proper test on Weds over at Snetterton. It certainly is a seriously impressive machine!! Pics to follow, but in the meantime here's some bits of video from the day :)
Snetterton Video

I came down to watch you guys in the late avo, looked very impressive :) keeping up with alot of more expensive machinery. I was going to come and say hello but things in your garage looked very manic!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members