BPM's Supercopa....the work begins!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Well when this weather has sorted its self out il pop down when your next down at the garage :) Just dont leave me alone with the car or else youl find a Leon TDI With Supercopa parts on it haha

obes

Jun 7, 2010
Northampton
www.bpmracing.co.uk
2011 dates are out :)

Silverstone
26th March 2011

Rockingham
16th - 17th April 2011

Donington Park
7th - 8th May 2011

Thruxton
11th - 12th June 2011

Spa Francorchamps
25th - 26th June 2011

Castle Combe
23rd - 24th July 2011

Snetterton 300
13th - 14th August 2011

Silverstone 24hr
29th Sept - 2nd Oct 2011

Donington Park (night)
5th November 2011

obes

Jun 7, 2010
Northampton
www.bpmracing.co.uk
Off season rebuild now in full swing!

front2011.JPG

We've been chasing a small oil leak all season so we've had a major strip down and taken the engine out to have a look.

We've also stripped pretty much everything of the car so we can get to the bare shell and work on sealing it up better...the bloody thing leaks like a tea bag!!

There's a few other repairs here and there and the guys are re-mounting the auxiliary tank as they're not quite happy with it, but other than that we're looking pretty good!

rear2011.JPG

Once we're all done we'd like to get the car out to a couple of shows this year in between races. Just to keep the profile up really, make a few friends and tout for some sponsorship - any recommendations on the best one(s) to attend?

obes

Jun 7, 2010
Northampton
www.bpmracing.co.uk
Had thought about GTI international but I think it clashed with a race last year. Will have a look for a confirmed date.

Here's a couple more progress pics:
With the engine dropped we can have a good look round it:
shopjan10_1.JPG

shopjan10_3.JPG

and get to the turbo so we can inspect it.
shopjan10_4.JPG

the workshop is a bit frantic at the moment!
We've got 2 supercopas in there, plus Chris's Kart, the Midget race car and Jims drift car!...lots of winter rebuilding going on!
shopjan10_5.JPG

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Just Marked all of the dates on calander a few clash with BTCC events but some dont :D

If you need a hand with anything lads im only a few mins down Road in Newport Pagnell (MK) and i get a fair few days off with working 12 hour shifts

obes

Jun 7, 2010
Northampton
www.bpmracing.co.uk
Difficult post this chaps,

On Sunday there was a massive fire at the complex where our unit is.
Unfortunately, the entire area was completely destroyed by fire. We lost the race car(s), spares, tools, trailer, lorry etc etc.

As you can see from the pic, it's a total diaster area. The brigade are investigating but we haven't found out the when/where/how of the start of fire yet.

Although the insurance will replace most of it, we can't get the man hours back.
Despite all the problems this will cause, we're determined to be back ASAP and we've already got some bits and bobs going to get us back on our feet!

Check your smoke alarms chaps, I've never seen such destruction in such a short space of time....
inside1.jpg

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Very sorry to hear this i was looking forward to seeing the car :( so whats the plan now? Another Supercopa i hope

Sent From my Android Powered Samsung Galaxy S

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
OMG, that's a nightmare, gutted for you guys :( Fingers crossed insurance comes through quickly and you get back on track quickly!

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Obes

The Blue/Yellow Supercopa at the rear was that just a normal supercopa? Volkswagen Racing mentioned to me that theres a Blue/Yellow TDI Supercopa knocking around somewhere

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.