Brake switch

phatchoonz1

Feb 26, 2005
Orpington, Kent
Brake switch failed a few weeks back, got a replacement like the one in the picture below, part number 1J0 945 511A

IMG_0080.jpg

At the time I fitted it, i'd recently done a lot of other brake work and needed to re-bleed the master cylinder to remove air as the brake bite point was a bit far down the pedal travel. Having now re-bled the system, bringing the bite point back up, hence the brake lights are now activating too late.

It seems the brake switch has adjusted itself too far down the pedal travel when the air was in the master cylinder.

After a bit of searching, I can't seem to find any way of adjusting this switch, is this right? I tried pulling the plunger back out, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference!

I've got another switch ready (as they're so cheap), but would like someone to confirm the proper method of fitting this design of switch to the pedal (as I don't particularly want to buy / fit a third one).
Had a dig on ELSA but couldn't seem to find it!

Is it just a case of push the pedal down, fit the switch into place, plug it in and release the pedal??

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Is it just a case of push the pedal down, fit the switch into place, plug it in and release the pedal??

Had the same switch about 4 weeks ago and thats all i did. Push the pedal down, push and turn\lock the new pedal switch in to place and release the brake pedal and you will hear clicking on the switch where the the long stick is adjusting its length.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members