Brembo 4pot brakes Retrofit (sub 8 performance pack brakes)

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
There's nothing on coding - because you can't code an option which was never available!
Having great brakes is all about have good braking balance. Overpowering either axle is not good.
Obviously if you are doing other mods which also effect handling/braking balance like stiffer/lower suspension/track day tyres etc.. then you are already beyond the OEM 'safety net'
By fitting 356mm discs you will be increasing the rear axle brake torque, which might make TCS & ABS/EBD less effective? which will be more noticeable in marginal conditions damp/cold/standing water etc.
The car in the post you shared is a track day car - with sticky tyres - I don't know what your goals are?

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
There's nothing on coding - because you can't code an option which was never available!
Having great brakes is all about have good braking balance. Overpowering either axle is not good.
Obviously if you are doing other mods which also effect handling/braking balance like stiffer/lower suspension/track day tyres etc.. then you are already beyond the OEM 'safety net'
By fitting 356mm discs you will be increasing the rear axle brake torque, which might make TCS & ABS/EBD less effective? which will be more noticeable in marginal conditions damp/cold/standing water etc.
The car in the post you shared is a track day car - with sticky tyres - I don't know what your goals are?
Thats true.
Nah i just got an 370mm disc set with the 4 pot brembo for the front.
will be fitting them in the weekend. and i was checking for the back. but perhaps i will just leave the rear as it is and just buy zimmerman disc with drilled holes.

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
I rettrofit the brembo on my car last weekend.
all went oke.
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-02 a.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-02 at 09.51.47.jpeg

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
I notice a strange wear pattern - looks like the pad is only contacting on the inner and outer edge of the discs?
Hopefully after they are fully bedded it should disappear to a full shinny surface. Something to keep an eye on.
View attachment 38543
yeah correct still need to bedded them in, but they almost all shiny.
I also put perforated disc in the back from zimmerman.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members