Brief Oil Pressure Gauge & Voltmeter Installation Instructions

Cupra'02

Hi All!

This is A-pillar gauge pod:
26668741.jpg

Where buy? Link? :worship:

Thx

Cupra'02

The picture on Not universal a-pillar pod, but Cordoba,Ibiza 99-02.

I remember look ever the pictures in to the forum.

_AJ

Ex - Ibiza Cupra
Apr 11, 2006
Essex
I thought some of you may find these few pictures of some use, I know I would have when installing my gauges!

Let’s start with the main factor, choosing your gauge style and where to mount it, in my case I went for some 52mm gauges that will fit in the Cupra R centre console gauges.

gaugeinstall_1.jpg

Just a quick question (maybe a stupid one :confused: ) ... how does this gauge holder fit in and out in the Cupra's cubby hole?
Is it simple enough just to pull it out and push it in??

Deleted member 12147

Just fitted my gauges but my electric windows have stopped working altogether. I tapped into the switched live and back light negative is this correct? Also i wanted to be able to control the brightness of the gauges as with the standard ones. Can this be done? and what wires would i need to tap into to do this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 12147

Ok i'll try this way thanks, what could be wrong with my windows? I've checked the fuse box to the right hand side of the steering wheel, could it be a relay or something?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Do the do up using the key?

The switches are prone to failure.

Or theres the other answer, and its a seat, so one of the seatbelts or rear view mirror could be in the wrong place so the windows decide to stop working. lol.

Deleted member 12147

I've come to fit the sender for the oil temp gauge but i can't see the plug that has to be removed. The pics on the first page of this thread aren't of the cupra engine are they? Would they still be in the same place tho? Also do you have to take the bumper off to get to it?

Deleted member 12147

Right i found the one on the oil filter housing but i can't get the b***ard out any tips? would wd40 help?

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
Jarvista,
You have to remove the bracket on the front of the car thats holds the engine cover down.
The oil temp sender goes here, it is very tight to get to though, had to remove another bracket that holds 3 multiplugs to see this:

oilsender1.jpg

Oilsender2.jpg

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Deleted member 12147

Thanks for the pics, I managed to get the nut out in the end, i used some wd40 and some brut force. I didnt take the brackets off (cuz i'm lazy) which resulted in my hands being shreadded to bits but all sorted and workin now.

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
Thanks for the pics, I managed to get the nut out in the end, i used some wd40 and some brut force. I didnt take the brackets off (cuz i'm lazy) which resulted in my hands being shreadded to bits but all sorted and workin now.

it is definately easier without that bracket in the way but if you've managed then fair play....

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.